Gaia Pro 2023 and Enviro 3

BananaNut
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hello, sorry to bug with just a short question, but I have Enviro 3 Sky and Weather and was wondering how I would be able to integrate Enviro 3 into Gaia Pro (specifically Gaia Pro 2023) so that they work together. I want the terrain generation and water system from Gaia (along with some of the pro features), but would like Enviro 3 to be my detected tool for a day/night time and weather system.

• Solution

Hi @BananaNut,

this should be possible, when you create the runtime elements with Gaia, you can just uncheck the Lighting Presets or the Procedural Worlds Sky so that Gaia does not create any Lighting in the scene. If you have created Lighting through Gaia already, you can delete the "Gaia Lighting" object from the scene.
After that you should be able to use Enviro in the scene, just as if you built that terrain without the use of Gaia manually in the scene.

• 4 weeks later...

@BananaNut - How are you finding Enviro 3 with Gaia 2023?

Which render pipeline are you using? I own both assets, and I love Enviro, but I'm wondering if it's worth integrating or just using Gaia's sky and weather system. What are your thoughts?

@Peter I'm just getting started with Gaia 2023 in a new project (I've used other versions). What are your thoughts around Gaia skies and weather VS. Enviro 3 regarding both appearance, performance and integration. Is it possible to still leverage terrain snow/rain effects if I use Enviro 3? I'm using URP for a VR project.

Thanks!

@JEJoll I have used previous Enviro versions, but have not used it since about a year or so. My sense is since it is a dedicated sky asset and the Gaia skies are only one partial aspect of Gaia, Enviro should win in those categories and should give you better results when you integrate it.
It should be still possible to use snow and rain effects if you do not shy away from a bit of custom coding - snow and wetness in the shaders are controlled by global shader variables, so you would need to have a script running that checks e.g. if the snow weather effect in Enviro is running and then turns up the snow coverage on the Gaia shaders.