GeNa having problem with spawning grass

Paul R
Go to solution Solved by Manny,

Hello. I've got a problem with GeNa Pro. I wanted to spawn some grass so I used the Add Grass button in the spawner inspector but when I try to actually spawn the grass (the grass comes from Gaia using Giant Forest Biome), it doesn't care about the spawner's settings, it just spawns always the same range etc. and it leaves a huge red dot in the chosen place.
spacer.png

Is this a known issue? I couldn't find any specific thread about this (or I'm just unskilled with looking), so I'm not sure if this is some common issue, or something completely new.

Cheers!

• Solution
On 7/29/2022 at 8:58 PM, Paul R said:

Hello. I've got a problem with GeNa Pro. I wanted to spawn some grass so I used the Add Grass button in the spawner inspector but when I try to actually spawn the grass (the grass comes from Gaia using Giant Forest Biome), it doesn't care about the spawner's settings, it just spawns always the same range etc. and it leaves a huge red dot in the chosen place.
spacer.png

Is this a known issue? I couldn't find any specific thread about this (or I'm just unskilled with looking), so I'm not sure if this is some common issue, or something completely new.

Cheers!

Hi there @Paul R,
This is actually a known topic that we've heard once or twice in regards to how the design works for spawning. We are still looking into how we can improve this for users in the future but I'm happy to explain what's going on here for now in the hopes that it will help you with usage. 

image.png

GeNa has been re-worked from GeNa 2 to now use decorators as the main way to add grass to your terrains. Here's how the following parameters work according to the documentation PDF (page 44):

image.png

Though, I've just realised that 'Detail' isn't in there but detail is actually what Effect Type it should be set to.