How to randomly scale each tree and plant set in a bunch of trees and plant sets?

Kaori

Hi, so I am simply trying to randomly scale each tree in a set of trees and each plant in a set of plants on the X / Z axis randomly and I want to be able to fully control the Y axis scale so I can make huge forests and different-sized plants.

How do I do the above? If I didn't explain well enough, let me know and I'll do my best to explain better.

Basically, all I need to be able to do is control the size and rotation ( and possibly positioning ) of clusters of trees as well as plants. That's it. Does that explain it a bit better? I can explain a bit better if need-be.

In the tree spawner you can change the scale to random and then adjust the Height Min and Max: 
image.png

You can also do the same thing for width as well if you wanted to! 
Then when you spawn it will spawn variations of that tree. 

For controlled spawning I would use a distance mask as well. 

Do the tree sizes have to be constrained? What if I want huge tree clusters with huge trees in some spots and tiny tree clusters with tiny trees in other spots?

19 hours ago, Kaori said:

Do the tree sizes have to be constrained? What if I want huge tree clusters with huge trees in some spots and tiny tree clusters with tiny trees in other spots?

You could use a single resource for the larger trees and then use another resource for smaller sets of trees. 

1 hour ago, Kaori said:

Also, where is the tree spawner located?

This is one of the preset biomes- and it would be listed in one of child of that biome. 
You can also create your own custom spawners and biomes. 

To create your own biome and spawners you would need to go to the gaia manager. 

Window - Procedural Worlds - Gaia - Show Gaia Manager. 
Then go into the Advanced Sections - Then add custom biome. 

Then you can set up your own. 
I would recommend taking a look at the preset biomes just to see how we make them. 

37 minutes ago, Bryan said:

You could use a single resource for the larger trees and then use another resource for smaller sets of trees. 

This is one of the preset biomes- and it would be listed in one of child of that biome. 
You can also create your own custom spawners and biomes. 

What do you mean by single resource?

Here we have a video tutorial that I recommend that you watch on how to setup a biome and create spawners.