Gaia 2 - Enviro integration problem

fax58
Go to solution Solved by fax58,

Hi, 
yesterday I've finished my first custom biome with Gaia and I tried to integrate Enviro in the system, but I have an integration problem with the wind. 
I did the custom biome with 3rd party assets, but the problem persist with Gaia assets.
So, when in the Gaia manager I uncheck the sky and the Gaia wind system (so that Enviro can control those) and update the runtime, the wind appear to be randomly generated. Doesn't matter which Enviro preset I choose, the wind is constantly strong and with few pulses. But there are no other wind zone, only the Enviro one (the Gaia one is deactivated). 
I understand that the tree (in this case "PW_Tree_Spruce_05" from Gaia Pro Sample Biome) have a shader that controls the wind, but if both systems (Gaia and Enviro) works with Unity wind zones, how is it possible that this shader is not working correctly, given there is only a wind zone in the hierarchy? Where is the tree shader taking the wind info, since the only active wind zone is set to be low?

Is there some other parameter/component that I'm missing?
Thanks

Hey there, you are correct if you are not using Gaia Wind and you are not using Gaia Weather, than there should be no wind coming from Gaia. 

However, I have not played around with Enviro's latest assets so I am unsure what the issue could be here. 
Normally, shaders are only tied into the particular asset store publishers unless its global keywording etc. 

Honestly this one might be a community question for people that are using Enviro and Gaia together I know a of people do.
I will see if I can get that asset and have a play around myself, but I am not sure if I have enviro anymore. 

• Solution

ok, I finally found a solution! I will post it so to help someone in the future.

So, when you disable Gaia wind system from Gaia manager and activate all the Enviro sky components, the system deactivates the Gaia wind zone (PW Wind Zone) and activate a new Wind Zone under the EnviroSky Standard GO. 
This new Wind Zone is also already present in the EnviroSky Standard, Component Setup, in the Wind Zone slot. 

The solution here is to DO NOT DEACTIVATE the Gaia wind zone and just put this one in the EnviroSky Standard, Component Setup, in the Wind Zone slot. To be safe I also disabled the Enviro Wind Zone automatically created when Enviro is added.
So now every time you will be changing weather preset, the wind will change accordingly!

On 7/14/2022 at 5:09 PM, fax58 said:

ok, I finally found a solution! I will post it so to help someone in the future.

So, when you disable Gaia wind system from Gaia manager and activate all the Enviro sky components, the system deactivates the Gaia wind zone (PW Wind Zone) and activate a new Wind Zone under the EnviroSky Standard GO. 
This new Wind Zone is also already present in the EnviroSky Standard, Component Setup, in the Wind Zone slot. 

The solution here is to DO NOT DEACTIVATE the Gaia wind zone and just put this one in the EnviroSky Standard, Component Setup, in the Wind Zone slot. To be safe I also disabled the Enviro Wind Zone automatically created when Enviro is added.
So now every time you will be changing weather preset, the wind will change accordingly!

Do you mean drag the PW Wind Zone from under Gaia Runtime  into the Enviro Sky Manager section like this? And I don't see a place to "uncheck the sky". All I can find is Skies menu in the Create Runtime tab. I tried setting it to "None", and changing the weather seems to be changing the lightning, but I'm not seeing big clouds come in with the rain

spacer.png

On 7/17/2022 at 6:41 PM, Crowsinger said:

Do you mean drag the PW Wind Zone from under Gaia Runtime  into the Enviro Sky Manager section like this? And I don't see a place to "uncheck the sky". All I can find is Skies menu in the Create Runtime tab. I tried setting it to "None", and changing the weather seems to be changing the lightning, but I'm not seeing big clouds come in with the rain

you need to drag and drop the Gaia PW_wind_zone under Enviro Sky standard -> component setup (in the inspector) -> wind zone slot. Also you don't need to put the wind to none in Gaia's Create Runtime tab.

19 hours ago, fax58 said:

you need to drag and drop the Gaia PW_wind_zone under Enviro Sky standard -> component setup (in the inspector) -> wind zone slot. Also you don't need to put the wind to none in Gaia's Create Runtime tab.

Thanks!

• Bryan locked this topic