No Menu Option for 'Scripts Only Package' - Do the docs need updating?

LazySumo
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Using Gaia Pro and I'm generating levels in one project and moving them over (via export) to another project. I found this article in the Library which talks about Moving Projects and it mentions a menu option to "Create Gaia Scripts Only Package". Problem is that I don't see that option in my menu pop up. Has that been moved? Eliminated? 

@Bryan, as author of that article do you have any advice? 

Thanks all and happy New Year's!

• Solution

Hi @LazySumo

the article was written under Gaia 2021. In Gaia 2023 the scripts only option does not exist anymore, as you now can decide during the setup process which Gaia components you want to install. You can then install Gaia with the components you want / need in your target project - e.g. you can install only the Gaia Application and Gaia water, and leave all assets, biomes, etc. uninstalled.
This is then essentially the same result as using the scripts only package.

@Peter is there an updated doc on Gaia 2023 explaining how to move a terrain from one project to another successfully and without exporting a package with all of Gaia included? I'm looking to move:

1. The terrain
  2. All prefabs, meshes, textures
  3. The wind system (this last I can install on the new project with your suggestions above)

No need to replying, I solved the issue via reinstalling Gaia and I'll just build locally. Thanks!

• Like 1