Generator stamps not being processed on Linux

mortilla

Hello.

When I'm using Generator to generate terrain all the stamps clumped in one corner like on picrute below. It seems like this behavior occurs when world resolution exceeds preview resolution. as medium preset terain works like expected.

spacer.png

Usually the first time, I randomize the all or the stamps. 
Then I use the render full preview. 

If its still causing an issue it could be due to computer specs. 
You could try to refresh preview and see if that helps. 

Hello.

I tried to randomize everything and refreshing, then resetting to default; creating new scene; creating new project from beginning. But so far I was consistently able to reproduce the issue by increasing world resolution by increasing world size or tile count.

Hi @mortilla I noticed there is a null reference exception in the console window - does this happen at the moment when the stamps are being rendered? If yes, it would be important for us to get the full text of the error message from the lower part of the console window, this error might be the cause for those stamps piling up in the corner.

If you activate the checkbox for stamp density / width it should display circles in the preview to give an indication of where the stamps will be placed - are those circles spread across the preview correctly, or are those clumped in the corner as well?

Hello.

That error just randomly pop out while jumping between scenes. And don’t seems to be triggered by stamp generation.

Here I managed to cause it again. I also enabled stamp circles per you asked. Hope it helps.

I want to try it on another Linux system, but it may take a while since I don't have anything readily available.

spacer.png