Gaia Scene Player - do I need it?

mroshaw

Hello! I was wondering what purpose the Gaia Scene Player plays in a scene? I am using a custom controller (Invector) that is instantiated from a prefab when the game is started. As such, there is no "Main Player" that I can set in the Gaia Scene Player, not at design time anyway.

Is this a "run time" component, or something that lives in the Editor purely to help set up and configure Gaia?

Given I don't have a player in the scene, what should I do with the Gaia Scene Player component?

Thanks again for your thoughts!

The Gaia Player makes all the other systems work. 
IE this ties into the weather, skies, water, streaming, etc. 

If you are using a custom player and controller, you can change this to the Gaia Custom Player, and then tie your character and camera into it. 

If you are using Gaia for just the world creation then you dont need to do this.