DownloadsStay up to date with an ever growing collection of assets and packs
for customers and subscribers.
The perfect tool for tunnels, walls, sidewalks and more!
The traditional way to make a curved wall or a tunnel would involve creating a mesh in a 3D modelling application outside of Unity, and then importing into Unity. Then, whenever it needs to be changed, it needs another roundtrip to and from the 3D modelling application.
With Extrusion Pro's easy-to-use cross section editor, you can quickly and easily create the perfect shape for your mesh, and have it generated along a spline all without leaving Unity. You have full control over the UV-mapping and texturing along the extruded mesh with the integrated UV-map Editor.
When combined with the object spawning and terrain editing capabilities of the GeNa Pro spline system, you now have another powerful tool to tackle your level design challenges.
How it works
- Attach the Extrusion Pro extension to a GeNa Pro Spline.
- Define the shape of your extruded mesh with the Cross Section Editor.
- Add new spline nodes in your environment and watch it update in real time.
The extruded mesh will be generated along your spline and show your edits, including complex intersections, and update them in real time!
- UV Editor - control UV layout, tiling and modes.
- Live Editing/Preview - real-time preview editing of extrusion mesh.
- Cross-Section Editor - advanced control over mesh points and normals.
- Support for intersections when using 'properly formed' cross sections.
- API / runtime support - runtime manipulation of extrusion system.
Note: A 'properly formed' Cross Section means that it has a floor (for each shell, however small) at the bottom that crosses over X=0.0. It also has the same number of points on either side of the centre X (x=0.0) and the UV's are mirrored on the points across the centre X (this is less important for 'cave-like' structures).
Full Render Pipeline Support. The Extrusion Pro Plugin works in Built-In, URP and HDRP.
By RobWhat's New in Version 1.0.1
Swapped the U & V coordinates on the End Cap. Added Minimum Openings for more intersection flexibility. Moved Receive Shadows to its own line in the Inspector for visibility. Added Noise Settings and Bake Settings headers. Increased the max value of Intersection Offset to 10.