Converting old / existing / handcrafted terrains, with all their details and grass, to be used by Gaia in HDRP.

FramaFurav

Hello everyone.

As every good forum newcomer, i'm sorry if I placed this topic in the wrong section or if my question has already been asked and solved. Just let me know in case, or please put me in the correct direction.

So I've been working on my Unity project since almost 4 years. I personally handcrafted a lot of stuff, and some quite large scenes with terrain and terrain details (trees, Grass and so on). Later on I had the need to convert my project to HDRP. Then I Discovered and bought GAIA pro. I've already learned how to use the Gaia terrain creation tools and i'm absolutely satisfied of the results. But while the new Gaia terrains and scenes work fine, I'm struggling to find a way to make the grass of my old existing terrains visible again, in HDRP. I've seen around the internet that there are some methods to do it, but as you may know, they don't work so well for the game engine. And at the moment, I can't figure out how to achieve this with Gaia. 

By now, you see where i'm going. Having to rebuild all the old scenes would be a terrible pain, there are literally tons of existing work. 

So, as the title says, Is there a way to preserve my work and tell Gaia to make my grass visible? Can I add grass and detail spawners on an existing terrain, and choose to grow them onto specific textures?

As I said i've already took some time to read the basics of Gaia but i'm still not familiar with every tool. So maybe If i keep reading and practicing I may find the solution by myself, but to save some time and many headaches I thought better to ask in Here for your help...

Any help you can give me will be appreciated.

Let me know if you need more information

I Thank you for your time, your attention and your patience. 

I'm currently using Unity 2022.3.10f1 LTS - with Gaia Pro 2023

If you are using HDRP then you may be experiencing white squares. 
This is because Unity doesn't support HDRP grass in 2022.3. 
They just started supporting it in Unity 2023. 

In Gaia Pro 2023 and Gaia 2023 we removed flora, which was our support for the issue of grass not being there. 
I would recommend going with Unity 2023 if you plan on using Gaia Pro 2021. 

If you want to stick with Unity 2022.3 then I recommend using Gaia Pro 2021. 

• Like 1