[Tree Biome Spawner] Avoid trees to spawn on an area

sergiogf93
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hello, is there a way to have a tree spawner and add some rule that makes it so that on a particular region of the terrain, trees would not spawn? I know I can use the brush and Shift-click to remove trees but I would like to have it already not spawn trees there, incase I need to do multiple iterations of spawning.

Right now I kinda get this effect by having a GeNa Spline with a ClearTrees extension and then awkwardly place nodes and set the extension width in a way that covers the area I want to clear. And then after every spawn I just go through each spline and press the "Clear Trees" button.

Thanks for any help!

• Solution

There are a few ways you can do it. 
My typical way is to add a distance mask and it's great for local spawning. 
Otherwise, you can add in an image mask and mask out parts of the terrain. 
You could do a terrain texture mask and as long as that area has a different texture it won't spawn as well. 
It is kinda up to you. 

I see, indeed I can get the result I wanted with a distance rune. And I can visualize the effect with the "Enable Visualization" Button, which is what I did not realize.

Thanks a lot for your help!

No problem, if you are happy with the support and our assets will you please consider leaving a review on the Unity asset store, really helps us out a lot!