Weather Lighting on Grass

Diggidy
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

I had posted in the past about lighting on grass (Grass lit in shadows) and I was able to fix it by adjusting the ambient light and shadows. But I've noticed that grass is really bright when it rains. Is there a way to adjust the lighting of the grass in weather?

Hi @Diggidy, could you maybe post a screenshot of the bright grass? Which shader is the grass using? My first guess would be that the shader might increase the smoothness during the weather effect to simulate wetness, making it more reflective. If I'm not mistaken the shaders that come with Gaia do that automatically.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

@Diggidy Please excuse the delay, it took us a while to build a repro project and look into this. It does not look like this on a default Gaia terrain it seems. From how your screenshot looks like, I would assume there is an issue with the ambient lighting during the rain, where there is still so much ambient light remaining so that it looks like the vegetation is glowing. Could you please check if it helps if you adjust the Ambient multiplier in the rain profile:

image.png

image.png