Optimize hide all objects

Erich
Go to solution Solved by Manny,

Hi @Erich,

at the core, scene optimizer works by combining the meshes of multiple objects that share the same material into a a larger mesh, this then reduces draw calls. To figure out why the objects are not being rendered, it would be interesting to compare the non-optimized objects vs. the optimized ones. 

Could you please post a screenshot of how e.g. the city wall assets look like in the scene hierarchy (e.g. if they are built of multiple smaller objects like wall, roof, etc. or if it is just a bigger "wall" object) and, if possible, what scene optimizer turned that into during the optimization process?

Also paging @Manny for support.

Hi there @Erich,

This is rather interesting behavior from Scene Optimizer.

To better understand and address the issue, could you kindly share a screenshot of the settings you're currently using in the Scene Optimizer?

Thank you!

Thank you for your prompt responses!

Two things we could try..

1. Let's start by trying to change the 'Root GameObject' that you are referring to and trying it on an individual wall instead. 
There's a chance that hierarchially, the objects aren't being picked up somehow and unable to be combined.

2. If that doesn't work, try changing the "Object Size Range" to see if the objects get picked up. 
There's a chance they might be missed when searching through objects.

If all else fails, could you let me know what asset pack you're using? Perhaps I can try it out on my end and debug the logic.

Thanks again 

I did several tests here and nothing worked, I tried changing the size parameters and it remains the same, I even tried with standard unity cubes and the same thing happens. Could it be something with the unity version, I also tried deleting the package and downloading it again from the asset store and the same thing continued.

I tried to create a new project in this same version and the same problem also occurred with the standard cubes!

I tested it now with another version that I have installed and everything works normally.

Unity: 2021.3.21f1 - It worked!
Unity: 2023.1.7f1 - Didn't work!

No errors appear in my console!

imagem-2023-09-29-062448399.png

imagem-2023-09-29-062627622.png

On 9/29/2023 at 7:41 PM, Erich said:

I did several tests here and nothing worked, I tried changing the size parameters and it remains the same, I even tried with standard unity cubes and the same thing happens. Could it be something with the unity version, I also tried deleting the package and downloading it again from the asset store and the same thing continued.

I tried to create a new project in this same version and the same problem also occurred with the standard cubes!

I tested it now with another version that I have installed and everything works normally.

Unity: 2021.3.21f1 - It worked!
Unity: 2023.1.7f1 - Didn't work!

No errors appear in my console!

imagem-2023-09-29-062448399.png

imagem-2023-09-29-062627622.png

Hey @Erich,

Just to let you know, I just got back in office after the long weekend. I'm going to actively investigate this issue. Judging from the other developers experiencing this issue with Scene Optimizer, it appears it might be an issue with the newer version of Unity.

Nevertheless, I will be updating you with the progress here so stay tuned! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Solution

Hey @Erich,

I found what was causing the issue with Scene Optimizer in 2023 onwards. It appears that Unity has changed how their import process works in the backend because they are trying to overhaul the process for performance reasons. I have found exactly where the issue is happening and I have fixed the issue on our end. 

Give the latest version a try and let me know if you still have issues!

Update: Scene Optimizer v1.1.6 - News - Canopy - Procedural Worlds (procedural-worlds.com)

• Thanks 1