Gaia 2023 nature manufacture

chriskira94
Go to solution Solved by chriskira94,

immediatly after i install gaia 2023 all the trees become bugged and i get a lot of errors actualy trees start reflecting and get different colours , for HDRP

Hi @chriskira94, there can be a few error messages related to shaders during the installation in HDRP - those are related to shadergraph and difficult / impossible for us to remove, but should not affect you otherwise if you can clear them by clearing out the console window.

The trees being discolored or being lit weirdly sounds potentially like an issue with HDRP diffusion profiles - can you please try to select one of the materials on the tree that displays foliage, and check if the material editor shows you a warning message regarding diffusion profiles and a button to fix it?

6 hours ago, Peter said:

Hi @chriskira94, there can be a few error messages related to shaders during the installation in HDRP - those are related to shadergraph and difficult / impossible for us to remove, but should not affect you otherwise if you can clear them by clearing out the console window.

The trees being discolored or being lit weirdly sounds potentially like an issue with HDRP diffusion profiles - can you please try to select one of the materials on the tree that displays foliage, and check if the material editor shows you a warning message regarding diffusion profiles and a button to fix it?

Hallo i i cant upload pictures still one error is that Shader error in 'NatureManufacture/HDRP/Foliage/Foliage': 'ApplyDecalToSurfaceData': no matching 3 parameter function at line 15409 (on d3d11). 

Also at folliages it says failed to compile, if could post pictures would be better i thing. 

However the problem occured only after i insert gaia also even if i remove gaia the problem remains 

@Peter when i click to the foliage ( shader ) thats the error: 

'ApplyDecalToSurfaceData': no matching 3 parameter function
Compiling Subshader: 0, Pass: GBuffer, Fragment program with DEBUG_DISPLAY DECALS_3RT DECAL_SURFACE_GRADIENT LIGHT_LAYERS PROBE_VOLUMES_L1 _BLENDMODE_OFF _DISABLE_SSR_TRANSPARENT _REFRACTION_OFF
Platform defines: SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS
Disabled keywords: DECALS_4RT DECALS_OFF DIRLIGHTMAP_COMBINED DOTS_INSTANCING_ON DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_ON INSTANCING_ON LIGHTMAP_ON PROBE_VOLUMES_L2 PROBE_VOLUMES_OFF PROCEDURAL_INSTANCING_ON SHADER_API_GLES30 SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING _ADD_PRECOMPUTED_VELOCITY _BLENDMODE_ADD _BLENDMODE_ALPHA _BLENDMODE_PRE_MULTIPLY _DISABLE_DECALS _DISABLE_SSR _DOUBLESIDED_ON _ENABLE_FOG_ON_TRANSPARENT _REFRACTION_PLANE _REFRACTION_SPHERE _REFRACTION_THIN _SURFACE_TYPE_TRANSPARENT _TRANSPARENT_WRITES_MOTION_VEC

BUT multiple shaders give the same error

Hi @chriskira94 normally you should be able to post images either by copy and pasting them into the window as you write your post. (like in a word document). You should also be able to drag and drop them in, or use the attachment function in the editor window. There is a size limit but you can usually make the file size small enough by using jpgs. 

Regarding those shader errors: The gaia installation should not change the render pipeline in such way that the shaders do not compile anymore, or compile differently. Did you also upgrade to a higher unity version while you were updating Gaia? It might then be that you are running a higher HDRP version and the shader of that nature manufacture pack are not compatible with it anymore, or you need to install a different HDRP support pack that came with the nature manufacture asset.

57 minutes ago, Peter said:

Hi @chriskira94 normally you should be able to post images either by copy and pasting them into the window as you write your post. (like in a word document). You should also be able to drag and drop them in, or use the attachment function in the editor window. There is a size limit but you can usually make the file size small enough by using jpgs. 

Regarding those shader errors: The gaia installation should not change the render pipeline in such way that the shaders do not compile anymore, or compile differently. Did you also upgrade to a higher unity version while you were updating Gaia? It might then be that you are running a higher HDRP version and the shader of that nature manufacture pack are not compatible with it anymore, or you need to install a different HDRP support pack that came with the nature manufacture asset.

no if i create a brand new project right now using hdrp after adding diffusional profiles ev ything would work fine , but when i install and improt gaia 23 all packages immediatly after broke , the only thing that didnt try is first import gaia then import the rest 

• Solution
1 hour ago, Peter said:

@Peter found the solution first thing at least i thing  additive normal blending while its clicked on the naturemanufacture assets broke i dont know if its purely combination of gaia alongside additive normal blending or purely additive normal blending that breaks the thing, i thing i will report that into nature manufacture as well, if you have the tools to test you could as well it could be a bug or not so  i report the solution 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter said:

also from gaia manager it requires to fix it so immediatly if you press fix all or fix  that one then turns on the setting so the nature manfucature assets brokes 🙂, so please tell me how should i proccedd. 

Hi @chriskira94, great that you found this issue! I was not aware that this setting would interfere with shader compilation apparently. All the project settings in the Gaia manager are recommendations rather than hard "you have to switch that on!" I know e.g. that the blending of the road shaders we use in GeNa looks different / weird if additive normal blending is not enabled, but if it causes severe issues on the nature manufacture foliage, then you can keep it off and then choose "Ignore" in the gaia manager for that setting.
The Gaia Manager will then act as if this setting is OK and will not warn about it anymore.

10 minutes ago, Peter said:

Hi @chriskira94, great that you found this issue! I was not aware that this setting would interfere with shader compilation apparently. All the project settings in the Gaia manager are recommendations rather than hard "you have to switch that on!" I know e.g. that the blending of the road shaders we use in GeNa looks different / weird if additive normal blending is not enabled, but if it causes severe issues on the nature manufacture foliage, then you can keep it off and then choose "Ignore" in the gaia manager for that setting.
The Gaia Manager will then act as if this setting is OK and will not warn about it anymore.

@Peter  well i am using gena pro as well so i would test it out later about road shaders i quess its going to be a report into gena section some time afterwards 😜

Thanks a lot for your support i ve report that also at nature manufacture as far as i remember you used to do things together so i quess it was better report to both🙂 also i hope also that funny little single check going to help for the future somehow 😛

• Like 1