Gaia grass spwaner has somehow moved and roateted incorrectly

dixZo1337
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hey

After I enter the correct settings in the collision mask, the spawner takes into account the correct game objects, but is somehow mirrored. The paths and game objects are taken into account by the spawner and displayed in the preview, but in completely wrong places.

Image for reference:

https://ibb.co/d2dT3SW

Thanks for your help and best rega
rds

Hi @dixZo1337, could you please tell us which render pipeline you are using?

Could you please also check if you have the matching scripting define for the render pipeline in the player settings? To check, please open Edit > Project Settings > Player and check under the list of the scripting defines if you have the entry:

"UPPipeline" when your project is in URP
"HDPipeline" when your project is in HDRP

Background: When you do the pipeline switch / installation it adds those defines above - these are responsible for unlocking the URP or HDRP code in Gaia. The collision mask needs to be flipped for technical reasons in those pipelines - if that define is not there, the mask is not flipped correctly.

A classical problem how this scripting define can disappear is e.g. when changes are rolled back in a source control / backup system.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Peter said:

Hi @dixZo1337, could you please tell us which render pipeline you are using?

Could you please also check if you have the matching scripting define for the render pipeline in the player settings? To check, please open Edit > Project Settings > Player and check under the list of the scripting defines if you have the entry:

"UPPipeline" when your project is in URP
"HDPipeline" when your project is in HDRP

Background: When you do the pipeline switch / installation it adds those defines above - these are responsible for unlocking the URP or HDRP code in Gaia. The collision mask needs to be flipped for technical reasons in those pipelines - if that define is not there, the mask is not flipped correctly.

A classical problem how this scripting define can disappear is e.g. when changes are rolled back in a source control / backup system.

Hi Peter, I'm using URP and have a UPPipeline entry as you can see in the added screenshot. However, I'm using plastic SCM as source control and have already reverted to some previous changesets several times, but it seems without losing the UPP/URP entry. Do you have any other ideaS as to what the problem could be?

Thanks for the quick reply and the help. Really appreciate it.

Screenshot:
https://ibb.co/dbq3zMv

• Solution

Hi @dixZo1337, I remember we did have 3 or so other cases where users had the define, but the collision mask was still flipped the other way round. I remember that it fixed it for them when they commented out the code for flipping the mask. Could you please try if the mask is correct for you when you follow the directions in this post:

https://canopy.procedural-worlds.com/forums/topic/376-collision-mask-on-biome-not-being-respected/?do=findComment&comment=3528&_rid=13

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Hi @dixZo1337, I remember we did have 3 or so other cases where users had the define, but the collision mask was still flipped the other way round. I remember that it fixed it for them when they commented out the code for flipping the mask. Could you please try if the mask is correct for you when you follow the directions in this post:

https://canopy.procedural-worlds.com/forums/topic/376-collision-mask-on-biome-not-being-respected/?do=findComment&comment=3528&_rid=13

This is it. Thanks very much. Now it is displayed properly.

Thank you for updating us! 

Also if you are enjoying the asset and support, please consider leaving us a review on the Unity asset store, it would help us out a ton! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bryan said:

Thank you for updating us! 

Also if you are enjoying the asset and support, please consider leaving us a review on the Unity asset store, it would help us out a ton! 

Just did. 😉

• Like 1