Third Party Controller at Runtime

BoomerDukey898
Go to solution Solved by BoomerDukey898,

I am trying to incorporate a third party controller at runtime. I have tried to use Gaia.GaiaAPI.SetRuntimePlayerAndCamera as directed in other forums. However, I get an error in the script, I have tried multiple. Any help is appreciated! Using Unity 2022.3.9 and Gaia Pro 2023.

Hi @BoomerDukey898, thanks for reporting the issue! Can you please post a screenshot of the full error message here, or copy and paste the error message from the lower part of the console window into here? Ideally it would also good to know when exactly the message appears (e.g. "I start the scene, my own script creates the player character and camera, I put those two into the API function, and then I get the following error......")

I did a rudimentary test with the Gaia.GaiaAPI.SetRuntimePlayerAndCamera and it seemed to work correctly, but if you can post the error message we should be able to track this down relatively quickly.

• Solution

Hey @Peter, thanks for your quick reply. I was able to figure it out. Not an issue with Gaia at all there was an error in the code I was writing and then a culling issue with the camera I am using. I got it all fixed now and everything looks amazing!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BoomerDukey898 said:

Hey @Peter, thanks for your quick reply. I was able to figure it out. Not an issue with Gaia at all there was an error in the code I was writing and then a culling issue with the camera I am using. I got it all fixed now and everything looks amazing!

Great to hear you found a solution, if you are enjoying Gaia and our support would you please consider leaving a review on the Unity asset store? It would help us out a ton! 

Happy developing! 

5 hours ago, Bryan said:

Great to hear you found a solution, if you are enjoying Gaia and our support would you please consider leaving a review on the Unity asset store? It would help us out a ton! 

Happy developing! 

I was going to do that. However, when I went to the Unity asset store I am unable to leave a review. I assume that is because I am a subscriber and downloaded it directly here on Canopy and t it through the Unity asset store.