Rendering Flora Grass in URP

cuttinged

Is there something special that needs to be done to get grass working properly with Flora for URP? I'm using the spawner with pre made scriptable objects from GAIA for GAIA Pro 2021 with unity 2022.3. When I add one of grasses that come with GAIA I get really bad results. They spawn correctly but the shaders make the grass look like it's glowing white at the base or is just flat (for leaf ground cover) and the shaders seem to be unlit. I automatically add the PW_Details_Foliage_URP shader to the LOD model. I think I'm missing something.

Have you updated the Gaia Manager for URP? 
Which preset biome/spawner are you using? 
Also, can you please send me a screen shot of what you are seeing? 

Not exactly sure about the updated Gaia Manager for URP part. I'm using Enviro Sky and Weather and use their URP renderer and their Render Pipeline Asset under the Project Setting for Quality. By the way thanks for answering. I posted on Discord but got no good answer.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Where is GAIA? I have gaia from the package manager, gaia from the window, procedural worlds gaia from the project window, gaia user data from the project, gaia runtime gaia tool gaia terrains in the scene but haven't found setup yet. I'll keep looking. thanks. 

Wait I have seen this issue before, like 5 ish years ago. 
It has something to do with enviro and always include shaders. 
There was a shader that I needed to add to that list from enviro to make this work. 
Honestly, I don't remember which, but enviro is causing the grass to look like that. 

I was able to get a reply from Enviro and one of the members tested Gaia for me and flora grass was working. Let me know if you have any other suggestions to look into. I'll see if it is working in a blank project when I get a chance. Must me some setting or render setting forward render? or something.

Hi @cuttinged,

What does the object's material look like? You could try adding in a default normal map if it is missing: image.png.9867207496af9120e2446c53d3119214.png

image.thumb.png.c54b39ab29077ce1497d78cf8c0ce498.png

Otherwise, testing Flora in a new scene with Gaia Lighting just to see if it lights correctly would be interesting to see the result

Tried it in a new project and the gaia grass works with Flora so there is some setting in my project that is making it work incorrectly. Problem is I don't know what to do to make it work correctly. But the problem is not with Enviro. Let me know if you have any ideas of what may be causing this problem.

Thanks Isaac. I'm using the grass that comes with Gaia pro 2021 to test it. The material is called PW_Grass_Terrain_01_DLOD0 there is no normal map for it.

If you use this with any other grass does the same effect happen? 
You may need to look at the post processing. Seems like a bloom or reflections probe. 

• 7 months later...