3rd person not working, Many scenes loaded in editor, Terrain not spawning in play mode, TOD totally breaking HDRP lighing settings

hellraiser

Ok , let's start with this:

image.thumb.png.145ed8627e4d254240999feb0dbec474.png

1) In play mode, when I press player control keys it's not working and the terrain is not loading. Initially I created the terrain with no player, then added from the Gaia Manager tools. Then I moved the 3rd person from the original position to another position in the map. Do I have to move the whole gaia player?

2) Also, as you can see, the terrain spawn is broken.

3) In HDRP I created some settings for realistic open view. Gaia Lighting overrides and changes them in the HD Environment Volume, but I guess it does something to the original global settings, because it was impossible for me to revert the original settings.

4) Activation of time of day and weather effect COMPLETELY breaks HDRP settings. Sand becomes dark and very weird lighting settings happen to the point it seems the scene is stylized (before it was realistic).

It's becoming quite frustrating....

• hellraiser changed the title to 3rd person not working, Many scenes loaded in editor, Terrain not spawning in play mode, TOD totally breaking HDRP lighing settings

Hi @hellraiser, regarding your questions:

1.) The gaia controllers need the old input system to be activated. Can you please check under Project settings > Player if the old input system is active? (Needs to be set to either "Input Manager (old)" or  "Both":

image.png

To move the player, you can put the "ThirdPersonController" object into a different spot. If terrains are not loading in, can you please check if a Terrain Loader component is set up on the player? It needs to be in "Runtime Always" mode, and it needs to have a loading range set up. This component should normally be added to your player automatically when it is created from the runtime tab in the Gaia Manger.
image.png
Another common issue is that the terrains cannot be loaded because they were not added to the build settings - but you would see an error message in the console window then.

Regarding 3. and 4.: In order to do lighting in HDRP, Gaia needs to set up volumes in the scene with the various HDRP lighting and VFX settings. If you are already running your own lighting in the scene, and then add Gaias Lighting on top of it, it can have unpredictable results as the different volumes override each other, or the effects add up. We would recommend to either run your own lighting setup OR use Gaias setup and then add additional effects onto it one by one.

What Gaia does in terms of Global Rendering settings is it prompts you whether it is allowed to use its own render pipeline asset during the HD pipeline switching process. If you accept that, it will use a predefined HDRP asset in the Project Graphics settings that contains all kinds of global HDRP settings. If you were using a different HDRP asset before, it should still be in the project and you should be able to switch back to it in the project's graphics settings.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'll check the terrain and player issues.

On the HDRP side, I tried overriding gaia volumes, but it becomes impossible to get the original settings back. And if I delete them, and use my original volumes, then something breaks in the day-night cycle. I'll double check it again and come back with some more detailed feedback, but for now I've switch focus to gameplay.