Flora rendering incorrectly when using XR

spectre503
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

When I setup a project in XR, Flora doesn't seem to render correctly. Any grass that is using Flora renders in rows everywhere. The scene window show the grass rendering correctly. If I try to switch back to flying camera or fps the grass is still broken. Everything else works just fine. If I never set the project up with XR then Flora works perfectly. If I turn off the headset so Unity can't detect it then the grass renders without an issue. I also notice the game window doesn't have the VR options like to choose which eye. Does anyone have an idea on how to troubleshoot this? Thanks.

With XR On-
spacer.png

With XR Off-
xr-off-gaia.png

• Solution

According to the team and research, this is an ongoing Unity issue. 
(See here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/how-to-make-shader-graph-compatible-with-single-pass-instancing-or-multiview.1353302/#post-9255318)

The problem is the single pass instance when using PC VR. Or it is on Quest don't use Multiview. 
This does have some drawbacks in terms of performance depending on the project. 
You can change this setting in Project Settings - XR Plugin Management - Oculus: 
For PC VR: 
image.png

For Quest: 
image.png

• 2 weeks later...