Usage of GaiaAPI?

Thomas123

Another question. This time it's about changing the time and weather by script. I found a script called "DemoAPIController.cs" in Gaia Pro.

I attached this script in hope that I would be able to control the weather and time of day. But the script does not seem to pick up GaiaTimeOfDay. Thus it won't work. I did the following:

- Added Gaia Runtime to the scene
- Added a custom controller (references the controller)
- Added a empty Object and added "DemoAPIController.cs" to it

When I start the Scene, Gaia Sky is functional and I can change the the Lightning Profile from Day to Night (in Gaia Lightning). But the Demo script won't change anything.

How can I change the (Gaia) time of day by script? Could you provide a short example?

Using 2022.3 and URP.

Hello, 

I would take a look at this: 

Then In the GaiaAPI.CS 
You will find the code for you and what you are looking for is line 35 and Line 255. 
That should be everything you need. 

I couldn't get this working yet. I will post a snippet as soon as it works 🙂

For anyone who want's an easier solution during design time, I recommend setting up a custom Lightning Profile with Procedural Worlds Sky. There you can change the time by slider. This tutorial helped me a lot: 

• Like 1