Lot of errors and some features not working

garrco
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

I just purchased Gaia 2021 today.  Most of it seems to work?  But several features do not work-- for example, the tutorial shows you how to convert a terrain to low poly.  When I run that, absolutely nothing changes.  Additonally, there are a lot of errors in the console.  (Pasted some below.)  I have followed the instructions pretty carefully for installation and etc...  So, here's my question:

Is this software totally buggy?!

Or am I missing something?

-------

Invalid editor window of type: UnityEditor.CurveEditorWindow, title: Curve
UnityEditor.EditorApplicationLayout:FinalizePlaymodeLayout ()

-------

Invalid editor window of type: UnityEditor.FallbackEditorWindow, title: Failed to load

-------

Error during Terrain Export: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: shader Stack Trace:   at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Material.CreateWithShader(UnityEngine.Material,UnityEngine.Shader)
  at UnityEngine.Material..ctor (UnityEngine.Shader shader) [0x00008] in <56073df97ede4f769c2cc45d546d986d>:0 
  at Gaia.ConvertTerrains.CreateMaterial (Gaia.ExportTerrainLODSettings LODSettings, UnityEngine.Material& mat, System.String objFileName, System.String textureFileName, System.String normalMapFileName, System.Boolean isImpostor) [0x0002c] in C:\__ Development Projects __\Unity\Not On My Watch!\Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Editor\ConvertTerrains.cs:1306 
  at Gaia.ConvertTerrains.ExportSingleTerrain (UnityEngine.Terrain terrain, UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene originalScene, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] LODSettingsList, System.Int32 index, System.Int32 maxTerrainCount, System.Boolean isFinalLOD, System.Boolean isImpostorScenes, UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene serverScene) [0x0024a] in C:\__ Development Projects __\Unity\Not On My Watch!\Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Editor\ConvertTerrains.cs:1810 
  at Gaia.TerrainConverterEditorWindow+<TerrainsCoroutine>d__64.MoveNext () [0x003ad] in C:\__ Development Projects __\Unity\Not On My Watch!\Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Editor\TerrainConverterEditorWindow.cs:1591 
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Gaia.TerrainConverterEditorWindow/<TerrainsCoroutine>d__64:MoveNext () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/TerrainConverterEditorWindow.cs:1607)
Gaia.TerrainConverterEditorWindow:EditorUpdate () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/TerrainConverterEditorWindow.cs:175)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

Gaia Pro 2021 is needed to convert terrains to low poly terrains. 

Can you also please tell me what Unity version you are using? 

• Thanks 1

Ahah, ok, thank you.  It doesn't say anything about that in the tutorial or in the app.  But at least I know now. 🙂

Unity Version:  2022.3.5f1

Thank you for your response. I really want to love this tool-- just off to a bit of a bumpy start.

Still hoping for some help.  I am getting this error constantly:

Invalid editor window of type: UnityEditor.FallbackEditorWindow, title: Failed to load

Seems to happen when I attempt to "Play Maximized."  The game won't launch and I get that error.

• Solution
11 hours ago, garrco said:

This sadly is a known Unity error. 
This can happen with and without Gaia in the project. 
Unity has never fixed this issue.