Manually paint texture and use as vegetation mask

Marekie
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hi, 

Coming from the abandoned Vegetation Studio Pro i only recently found a way to achieve the same results using Gaia. Before i was unaware that in Gaia i could paint brush a terrain texture and use this as Texture Mask to spawn my selection of trees, bush, mushrooms and also include forest ground texture. Great Stuff of PW devs and i thought it was only available using VSP.

Only now i have a few questions:
- How can i delete manually brush painted textures? The Unity built in Shift and brush does not delete this texture for me. 
- How do i prevent my manually painted terrain texture to be overwritten when pressing Terrain Texture Spawn button in Gaia?

Thanks for your kind help! 

• Solution
On 8/27/2023 at 6:24 AM, Marekie said:

- How can i delete manually brush painted textures? The Unity built in Shift and brush does not delete this texture for me. 

You would go to the terrain and delete that texture. Other than that you could remove all the textures or spawn over it. 

On 8/27/2023 at 6:24 AM, Marekie said:

- How do i prevent my manually painted terrain texture to be overwritten when pressing Terrain Texture Spawn button in Gaia?

Turn off the textures you don't want to spawn or turn that spawner off if you want to spawn the biome.