Physics Decorator with strange behavior

Thomas123

I just started to use the "Physics Generator" on some Prefabs. But I cannot get it to work properly. When I spawn the rocks, they will act as expected (rolling down or jumping on the ground).

When the physic simulation is done I can see the simulation stopping. Just after it, the rocks spawn in their last location (above the ground).

Why does this happen and how can I prevent this behavior? The mesh of them looks correct (synty nature).

Bildschirmfoto-2023-08-16-um-15-43-09.pn

10 hours ago, Bryan said:

How do the colliders look both on the rocks and terrain? 

For now I work with Mesh Colliders on the rocks and Terrain Collider for Terrain.

I cleared terrain with the resource tool and added the decorator on different levels - no change.

Bildschirmfoto-2023-08-17-um-09-58-42.pn

Skeletons are worse :-D They vanish after the simulation is done. But I can see them popping into the air for a second. So its the exact same behavior. The spawned GeNa structure will be empty (no prefab is attached to the generated structure as it usually would).

Just checked the terrain height. It's set to 10. Minimum height for physics decorator is -10. So this shouldn't be a problem neither.

They embed better into the terrain - if they do. But the problem is the same. After the physic simulation is done, 90% of the stone will "jump" into the air and stay there. Lowering the "embed" value to -0.3 will cause them jumping even higher, I think.

Bildschirmfoto-2023-08-27-um-10-28-22.pn

Hey @Thomas123,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I understand that you're encountering issues with the "Physics Generator" when spawning rocks in your project. Specifically, you've noticed that the rocks are appearing above the ground after the physics simulation is complete.

I wanted to let you know that I've been able to replicate the issue on my end as well. Rest assured, I'm actively investigating the cause today to identify why this is happening and how to prevent this behavior going forward.

As soon as I have more information or a potential solution, I will update you promptly.

Thank you for your patience!

• Like 1

Hey @Thomas123,

Good news—I've figured out what's going on with the "Physics Generator."

The issue on our end was with how objects were being parented after their physics simulation. It was causing some weird placements, especially when using "Spawner mode." I've fixed that now. For the "Resource mode," the spawners were being parented and then destroyed, which was also messing things up. That's sorted too.

Note; I have attached a unity package that patches the latest GeNa release (3.5.3) Please download the zip, extract it and import over your project to fix these problems on our end.
GeNaPro_v.354b_PhysicsDecoratorPatch.zip

Now, there's something you'll need to do on your end to make sure everything runs smoothly. Make sure you attach the 'PhysicsDecorator' component to the objects you actually want to simulate. If you put it on an object without a MeshFilter—like a root object—it won't simulate anything.

Attach 'PhysicsDecorator' to the specific objects you want to animate and you should be good to go.
image.png

Let me know if you run into any more issues or have questions!

@MannyThanks for your help and your patch. Now you explained it, it sounds logical 😄 Indeed I attached the decorator to the parent object.

I installed your patch. And I moved the physics decorator to the children (rocks). After this I deleted the prototype from the spawner and added the prefab again. The result looks better (all are the same height above the terrain) but they still have this weird behavior. They do a final jump and get stuck into the air after the simulation is done.

Do I miss a point?

Bildschirmfoto-2023-08-30-um-16-25-13.pn

Bildschirmfoto-2023-08-30-um-16-30-11.pn

Bildschirmfoto-2023-08-30-um-16-32-07.pn

On 8/28/2023 at 11:45 PM, Bryan said:

What version of Unity are you using? 
Also, what GeNa Pro version are you using? 

Unity: 2022.3.8f1 silicon

GeNa Pro (Asset Store Version): 3.5.3