Import a unity Terrain and Objects to Gaia

matstumpf
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hi!

So, I have a project done in Built-In pipeline, it's a terrain with a complete City, so there are many elements on scene (GTA-style).

Now I would like to import this terrain and all objects to Gaia, to improve the visuals (HDRP), use Time Of Day, Biomes etc. 

I tried to just copy the objects but it does not work, what should be the right way to do it? I would like to avoid importing object per object, as the number of them are huge and repositioning one by one makes this impossible.

Any ideas? Thanks!!

• Solution

You would want to turn your objects into a prefab. 
Then send that prefab along with the textures and materials for those objects to the new project. 

You will also want to send over the terrain data and terrain layers to the new project. 
If it's already textured then you would send over the textures as well. 

Side note, if you add Gaia to your existing project you can do this as well and just upgrade everything to HDRP. 
I would download HDRP from the Package Manager, then download Gaia. 

After downloading Gaia you would then want to open the Gaia Manager and go to the setup tab. 
Next, change the render pipeline to HDRP and install shaders. 

From here you can simply add a stamper to the existing scene by going into the Gaia Manager, Advanced Tab, Tools, Stamper. 

This will add the Gaia Stamper to the scene to allow you to begin using the stamper tool. 
In addition, you can use the Advance Tab to add the biomes and start spawning the spawners attached to the biome. 

Gaia uses the standard Unity terrain system, so you are fine using your already existing terrain with Gaia. 

Wow that's huge, thanks a lot, will try soon! 😁

Another thing that I have in my actual project is the generation of 3 cameras as I use this software on 3-display setups, so for both lateral cameras I need to apply an angle between the center to avoid image warping, like in this example:

-The display setup:

image.png.498935349652facd5dbdcf8ad3d9f798.png

-With only one camera:

image.png.e977556b6e0ee836f0c2636d88e6e996.png

-With 3-cameras rendering:

image.png.434a156903e5bede69d6027cbcd166d9.png

I should use the Gaia camera to use all the resources that you provide, but how do that for this triple screen setup?

Thanks again!

• 4 months later...

I tried with camera stacking but my frames drop 80% in HDRP.

Do you know if there's some other way to do it? Or a north on how to improve its performance?

• 3 weeks later...