Texture refuse to spawn correctly

Flo29

Hi there,

I am really in trouble with GAIA and I'm really about to give up because of the texture spawner that refuse to work correctly, or maybe (surely) I miss something... and I need help.

I own Gaia 2021 pro and I succeed with the Stamper. Now I want to create my own texture stamper but is it such a mess ! The visualizer show what I expected (I just want some sand texture appear between 0 and 50 metter), but when I click spawn rule : nothing appear, just the next rule that cover all the map. I tried many thing, reglage, invert thing, but nope, just crazy thing appear.

Too bad that we can't send picture, it would have been more easy to understand and I don't have my picture from an URL.

just for info : I created my terrains with GAIA (four terrain of 1024), and I can paint manually on them.

The visualisation tool work well anc cover the part of terrain I want to cover.

On 6/4/2022 at 5:49 PM, Flo29 said:

The visualizer show what I expected (I just want some sand texture appear between 0 and 50 metter), but when I click spawn rule : nothing appear, just the next rule that cover all the map. I tried many thing, reglage, invert thing, but nope, just crazy thing appear.

Hi @Flo29 If I understand you correctly, the texture you want to appear between 0 and 50 is your first texture on the terrain? If yes, please note that it is normal unity behavior to display the first layer as default texture and cover the entire terrain with it. You can try this yourself by creating a new terrain, and add a new terrain layer to it (without Gaia being involved) - the first layer will become the default texture everywhere. It is not possible to delete this texture in spots, you can only completely remove the first layer again to return to the placeholder checkerboard texture.
Then you can add a second layer to it and paint over the already existing texture.
This means when you are working on your first texture spawn rule in Gaia, it might seem like it ignores the rules set up for this texture since the texture will appear everywhere (if it is the first texture on the terrain that is - if there are already pre-existing other textures on the terrain it would be a different story).