Grass not showing up in Built Webgl

thiru
Go to solution Solved by LaurieAnnis,

I used the basic default settings  from Gaia  manager by adding the alpine meadow biome and My default grass appears on the Scene and Game  mode just fine but when i try to build it, its not appearing on webgl.... However trees and bushes appear on the webgl. why is it like that?

Sorry, support is not around on the weekends. 
We are looking into this. 

Can you please tell me what Gaia Version you are using? 
Also, can you please tell me what SRP you are using? 

2020.3.25f1

URP

i have tried switching to 2021.2.18, but still the same when building. and i have tried adding flora to scene too but still the same. 

Alright. I tried again building in SRP (2020.3.21) - still the same. 

is there some other setting that i shoud do before building? because all i did was add in terrain, spawned biome (excluding the village, mushrooms and stones),create runtime and run webgl. 

https://ibb.co/g76j29b

Ok so it looks there are some limitations that WebGL has as opposed to normal windows / mac / linux / mobile APIs. We are looking into some support options for Flora with WebGL. Hopefully we can get something in by next release. At this time Flora is an issue with Webgl. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/2/2022 at 8:12 PM, Bryan said:

Ok so it looks there are some limitations that WebGL has as opposed to normal windows / mac / linux / mobile APIs. We are looking into some support options for Flora with WebGL. Hopefully we can get something in by next release. At this time Flora is an issue with Webgl. 

Has there been any progress made on investigating this issue?  I'm having what appears to be a similar issue with a Nature Manufacture terrain (which I believe is made with Gaia) where only the terrain detail assets (grass, flowers) are rendered transparent in WebGL builds while looking great in editor, although in my case you can see the shadow outline of the grass in WebGL and the trees still render fine.  I tested putting the tree material/shader on the grass and they still render transparent like this.  I've verified that this issue is only affecting the detail meshes that are painted on the terrain, by hand placing the same detail meshes in the scene and doing a test build.  The same meshes that are invisible on the terrain render correctly in WebGL when not attached to the terrain as shown in the second image included.  Seems like something the terrain is doing to the detail meshes only?

chrome_ZSRfgCKeuM.jpg

chrome_tRLdZnxkBv.png

• Solution

Updating my own question, I figured out that disabling GPU Instancing for every terrain detail mesh (grass, flowers, etc.) which the Unity docs say lets you use the prefab's material, this issue goes away.  I'm not sure what the performance impact will be of this change, so I would still love some input even though my issue is essentially resolved.

On 8/28/2022 at 5:30 PM, LaurieAnnis said:

Updating my own question, I figured out that disabling GPU Instancing for every terrain detail mesh (grass, flowers, etc.) which the Unity docs say lets you use the prefab's material, this issue goes away.  I'm not sure what the performance impact will be of this change, so I would still love some input even though my issue is essentially resolved.

This isnt a bad thing at all. 
GPU instancing was introduced in the new Unity 2021 to detail objects. 
Not using it would be the same as using an older version. 
You just wouldn't get the benefit of some performance increase (possibly a bit or hardly noticeable) its hard to say really without testing that vegetation and same setup in an older Unity version. 
If you are getting decent performance than I wouldn't worry about it to much.