Compile errors after updating to Gaia Pro 2021 3.2.3

mroshaw

Hi!

I see similar posts below, but thought I'd add my own account.

I have a Unity 2021.3 LTS staging project that I use to stage all assets, before copying them over to my working project.

As I usually do, I removed the old "Procedural Worlds" folder, and re-imported Gaia Pro 2021 3,2,3 and GeNa Pro 3.3.18 from the Asset Store.

I get a number of errors in the console, and cannot launch the Gaia Manager:

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(1868,70): error CS0103: The name 'm_lightingGeneralHeader' does not exist in the current context
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(1869,65): error CS0103: The name 'm_gaiaTime' does not exist in the current context
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(1869,219): error CS0103: The name 'SetGaiaTime' does not exist in the current context
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(1869,232): error CS0103: The name 'SetGaiaTime' does not exist in the current context
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(1871,67): error CS0103: The name 'm_gaiaTimeOfDayEnabled' does not exist in the current context
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(1871,188): error CS0103: The name 'SetGaiaTimeOfDayEnabled' does not exist in the current context
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(1872,65): error CS0103: The name 'm_gaiaTimeScale' does not exist in the current context
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(1872,237): error CS0103: The name 'SetGaiaTimeScale' does not exist in the current context
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(1872,255): error CS0103: The name 'SetGaiaTimeScale' does not exist in the current context
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(1874,70): error CS0103: The name 'm_lightingGeneralHeader' does not exist in the current context
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(1875,218): error CS0103: The name 'SetGlobalSunIntensity' does not exist in the current context
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(1875,241): error CS0103: The name 'SetGlobalSunIntensity' does not exist in the current context
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(1876,210): error CS0103: The name 'SetGlobalFogDensity' does not exist in the current context
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(1876,231): error CS0103: The name 'SetGlobalFogDensity' does not exist in the current context
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(1877,221): error CS0103: The name 'SetGlobalShadowDistance' does not exist in the current context
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(1877,246): error CS0103: The name 'SetGlobalShadowDistance' does not exist in the current context
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(1881,41): error CS0103: The name 'm_gaiaTimeScale' does not exist in the current context
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(1883,41): error CS0103: The name 'm_gaiaTimeScale' does not exist in the current context

Something not right with the 3.2.3 release?

Thanks!

So, two problems I think:

1. GAIA_PRO_PRESENT missing from my Project Settings.
  2. Issue in the GeNaGaiaUtility.cs file, where using Gaia; is wrapped up in a #if GAIA_2_PRESENT directive. As I'm using Gaia Pro 2021, this didn't work. Once I moved the using statement out of the #if directive, all was well in the world!

Cheers!

I have been using Unity 2021.3.2 editor with the the old Gaia in an 3D-HDRP environment and everything worked fine. I set up a brand new project with the same editor and 3D-HDRP. No other additions or changes were made.

I tried to import the 3.2.3 release. that listed multiple critical errors but I was able to clear those in the console.

Then I attempted to set up Gaia twice, Once with the Gaia pipeline update and once without. Both times, the results were the same terminal compile errors as listed above.

In summary, the old version worked. The new one doesn't.