Gena decorator??

Kim Williams
Go to solution Solved by TheSheepdog,

Hey what's up peeps I was wondering if anyone can help me with this one I have this setting like this in the root object is the top down Unpack Decorator , Chance deco, child deco, and the transform deco inside each of the houses just trying to test this out but I can't get it to spawn at all Just trying to test out this can anyone tell me what the issue is here thanks been trying to figure this one out for like 2days straight all day but I'm getting real close hahaha thanks much my peeps!!!  also you guys when I'm spawning I can see the numbers in the Inspector going up that it is spawning the prefabs but looking at the screen you don't see nothing spawning at all its crazy and annoying lol hope you peeps can help me with this one really appreciate you all much!!

GENA1.png

Hi @Kim Williams could you please describe what you want the spawner to do? E.g. is it supposed to spawn a random Gaia house? We could then provide an example setup for that. Alternatively you could also try to send us the object with the decorators on as a prefab that you export into an .unitypackage, we could then have a look.

Hello thanks for getting back I just wanted to keep trying this on my own and can't seem to get it. So I watched the decorators spawner video part 2 for like 20 plus times and can't seem to get anything to spawn with the setting you guys have in the video at all I watched 3 mins 10 seconds all the way til 9 mins and still having issues.  So basically I'm trying to get it to do exactly what you guys did in the video and lol nothing is happening with the spawner at all it gives me the both circles blue and green like it will spawn but when I hold down ctrl left click nothing is happening but I can see the spawn count going up for the objects trying to spawn in the inspector lol hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I had a question about the decorator as well. In the GeNa Pro Quickstart Guide video at 10:15 the decorator flattens the terrain. I went back and opened the prefab and added the "Ge Na Terrain Decorator" component to the prefab, I re-ingested it and added it back to the spawner but when I try placing the prefab it wont flatten or raise the terrain and part or all of the prefab is in the ground. Did I miss something?

10 hours ago, TheSheepdog said:

Hello everyone! I had a question about the decorator as well. In the GeNa Pro Quickstart Guide video at 10:15 the decorator flattens the terrain. I went back and opened the prefab and added the "Ge Na Terrain Decorator" component to the prefab, I re-ingested it and added it back to the spawner but when I try placing the prefab it wont flatten or raise the terrain and part or all of the prefab is in the ground. Did I miss something?

I would watch this video as it breaks it down further: 

• 4 weeks later...

I did watch that video before asking. I'm having intermittent issues with Gena. For example, I was able to successfully stamp castle 1 & 2 from the big environment pack onto the terrain with no issues. When I go to stamp the Chapel and Graveyard, no preview. I don't get the green dots (if you will) or the preview that's in the video. When I shift + left click, it selects the terrain. I can create a new project and stamp structures but then I can't stamp anymore. It seems to be totally random. 

6 hours ago, TheSheepdog said:

I did watch that video before asking. I'm having intermittent issues with Gena. For example, I was able to successfully stamp castle 1 & 2 from the big environment pack onto the terrain with no issues. When I go to stamp the Chapel and Graveyard, no preview. I don't get the green dots (if you will) or the preview that's in the video. When I shift + left click, it selects the terrain. I can create a new project and stamp structures but then I can't stamp anymore. It seems to be totally random. 

What Unity version are you using? We noticed that later versions of Unity can cause issues with the GUIDs of that asset pack. 

• Solution

2020.3.29f1. (LTS) I placed the 2 castles and after that, nothing worked...

[EDITED] Updated my project to 2021.1.3f1 and have the same results. It just selects the terrain.

[UPDATE] Changed my project to 2021.2.18f1b and it started working.