Gaia Stamp textures in Unity load to memory in runtime

Sanchakm

Hi,

Gaia stamps textures 258Mb in Unity, load to memory in runtime, how i can avoid it?

Get response via email to delete Stamp but i use it in many scenes, always create and delete them require some time.

2022-05-07_09-26-49.png

Hi @Sanchakm, I checked where this reference was coming from, the reference is created because this is the default stamp that is being selected for the Gaia Stamper Tool. In the long run we need to improve this to store this default file differently so it is not pulled into memory. Could you please try the following:

Select the file

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Settings\Gaia Settings

and set the setting slot for "Default Stamp" to "None" (click on it and press delete on keyboard).

image.png

Then save the project via File > Save Project. If you run the scene now, that reference should be gone. The only downside of this would be that there is no default stamp selected in the stamper when you first open it, but I think this would work better for your case than deleting all stamps.
We need to figure out some Editor tricks so that users can still set their default stamp but it does not store a reference to the file.