Using Gaia with other Unity Packages

Flapman007

Hi,

I wanted to see if anyone here has every used Gaia with any other Unity Packages.  I am not a coder and am planning on using Game Creator with my installation.  I wanted to see if there is anyone that can give me advice about setting things up in Gaia to make the scripts in Game Creator's Camera and Player work with Gaia.

I want to know what other visual scripting and development packages I can use with Gaia and GenPro in Unity.  🙂

Thanks in advance,

~Alan

I was able to get my answer right from the post about the Shooter Template.  The info about the Custom Create Runtime Set Up was exactly what I needed.  I just needed to create my character and camera with Game Creator then drop those objects into the Runtime Set-up.

How did that go?  I have my own character and camera, but I've been setting Gaia to 'none' and then adding them later.  It seems ok, except that I have to keep updating the Gaia weather camera link. 

On 5/18/2022 at 11:52 AM, aldaluin said:

How did that go?  I have my own character and camera, but I've been setting Gaia to 'none' and then adding them later.  It seems ok, except that I have to keep updating the Gaia weather camera link. 

Hiyas,

It worked out well.  I was able to just assign the player and camera objects that Game Maker set up.  Works great!  

I dropped the Game Creator player and camera into the Gaia set-up slots.  Once my Runtime was set-up, I just tweak when needed.   I have not messed with the weather or sound settings yet.  I will need to at some point.  I may reach out to you for advice about that if you don't mind.

I am sure I still will need to tweak some of the rendering settings.   Right now, I just need to get the gameplay functionality working right.

• Tell a friend

Love Canopy - Procedural Worlds? Tell a friend!
  • Need help?

We work with some of the biggest brands in global gaming, automotive, technology, and government to create environments, games, simulations, and product launches for desktop, mobile, and VR.

Our unique expertise and technology enable us to deliver solutions that look and run better at a fraction of the time and cost of a typical project.

Check out some of our non-NDA work in the Gallery, and then Contact Us to accelerate your next project!