Errors from Gaia 2021 after updating to Unity 2021.3.2 LTS

Type4101

After updating a project from Unity 2021.3.1 LTS to today's release of 2021.3.2 LTS (released May 7, 2022), I got these errors.  At least the top 4 are Gaia 2021 related, and maybe the others as well?  I am an amateur at this stuff, so I don't know what any of it means.  I tried running the maintenance option from the Gaia manager, but that didn't change anything.  I'm using URP, if that helps.  Any idea what to do?

spacer.png

I am getting the same errors in mine as well.  I will be anxious watching this to see what anyone says about it.  🙂

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 9.11.19 AM.png

Stuff is constantly changing with these releases we will need to look into it and see what has changed in this Unity version. 
We are currently investigating this issue. 

Ditto.

Unity 2021.3.2f1 + Gaia Pro 2021 - 3.2.2

I can clear the Console and the click "File -> Save"  and those above error message appear.

@Type4101 @Flapman007 @h2hjastermereel We looked deeper into this issue and it seems that these error messages do only appear in the most recent LTS version in the URP Pipeline why it went undiscovered so far.  It originates from the way information is updated in the water shader. Please find attached a patch that should fix the issue.
You can install it by unzipping the file, and importing the contained .unitypackage via Assets > Import Package > Custom Package

GaiaWaterSystemPatch.zip

• Like 1

Thanks for the file Peter.  Is there anyway you could send me the Package file uncompressed?  Every time I try to upack it on my MacBook, it uncompresses the whole file, bypassing the Package file.

Peter, I got it figured out.  Thanks for the fix.  I just found a unarchive utility that would help me unpack it partially.

On 5/12/2022 at 11:32 AM, Peter said:

@Type4101 @Flapman007 @h2hjastermereel We looked deeper into this issue and it seems that these error messages do only appear in the most recent LTS version in the URP Pipeline why it went undiscovered so far.  It originates from the way information is updated in the water shader. Please find attached a patch that should fix the issue.
You can install it by unzipping the file, and importing the contained .unitypackage via Assets > Import Package > Custom Package

GaiaWaterSystemPatch.zipUnavailable

The patch is unavailable, and I'm having the same issue in HDRP. 

It looks like the patch is not here now, so I assume the fix was incorporated into the latest Gaia 2021 update.  But I see from another post that folks are having a different set of errors with Unity 2021.3.3, so should wait before updating?

@Tikal @Type4101 I'm travelling at the moment and typing from mobile, but I was still able to see & download the patch that I attached to my posting? The patch is also available in the "Known Issues" post & it is part of the recent new Gaia release.