Inactive Feature - Stamping with Adaptive Base

designleviathan
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Good morning,

I'm inquiring about why the Adaptive base feature is always greyed out for me for all our stampers regardless of whether they are set to local / global + have masks or not.

It's extremely helpful but (not hyperbole) only once I have been able to use it in our projects - it's always greyed out for me and inactive which is a little frustrating workflow wise given it's immense utility.

I've tried looking around doing a bit of personal trials to enable it again but i cannot seem to get it activated and have to fight against stamp bases when modifying terrain.

I've included a screenshot of an example stamper that cannot use the adaptive base feature at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated - thank you and have a great day!

Screenshot 2022-05-06 101129.png

I've tried re-reading over this article but it doesn't mention any limitations and seems to indicate the feature should be available all the time?

• Solution

@designleviathan You are correct, this was not explained fully in the manual article. The base level feature is not available on all stamper operation types. I do not know the exact reason for this anymore, but I remember that this feature was not compatible with some of the operation types and / or it was more confusing than it would add value for that operation.
It should not be available for blend height / mix height / set height, but should be available for the other operations. I added this info to the manual article.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Peter said:

@designleviathan You are correct, this was not explained fully in the manual article. The base level feature is not available on all stamper operation types. I do not know the exact reason for this anymore, but I remember that this feature was not compatible with some of the operation types and / or it was more confusing than it would add value for that operation.
It should not be available for blend height / mix height / set height, but should be available for the other operations. I added this info to the manual article.

Duly noted - thank you for clearing that up and adding that info for others. Appreciate it alot - I know you guys are busy around these parts.