Error while updating runtime setting

Spawn Point
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Well I was removed player controller & water, wind & ambient audio on of my previously build scene with gaia pro 2021 and suddenly got this huge error

Error while creating the Gaia Runtime setup: Destroying a GameObject inside a Prefab instance is not allowed., Stack Trace:   at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Object.DestroyImmediate(UnityEngine.Object,bool)
  at UnityEngine.Object.DestroyImmediate (UnityEngine.Object obj) [0x00003] in <0ee480759f3d481d82ada245dc74f9fd>:0
  at Gaia.GaiaSceneManagement.RemoveGaiaControllers (System.String playerPrefabName, System.Boolean spawnAtLocation, Gaia.GaiaSceneInfo sceneinfo, UnityEngine.Camera customPlayerCamera, System.Boolean removeCamera) [0x00097] in filepath:\Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Scene Managment\Editor\GaiaSceneManagement.cs:913
  at Gaia.GaiaSceneManagement.CreatePlayer (Gaia.GaiaSettings gaiaSettings, System.Boolean instantiateCustomSetup, System.String overrideName, System.Boolean spawnAtLocation, UnityEngine.GameObject customPlayerObject, UnityEngine.Camera customPlayerCamera, System.Boolean updateAutoDOF, System.Boolean useGaiaUIAndPhotoMode) [0x00085] in filepath:\Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Scene Managment\Editor\GaiaSceneManagement.cs:547
  at Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor.CreateGaiaExtras (Gaia.GaiaSettings gaiaSettings, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] waterList, System.Int32 selectedWater) [0x00333] in filepath:\Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Editor\GaiaManagerEditor.cs:5323
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor:CreateGaiaExtras (Gaia.GaiaSettings,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<string>,int) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:5477)
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor:DrawRuntimeCreation (bool) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:2297)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils:Panel (UnityEngine.GUIContent,string,System.Action`1<bool>,UnityEngine.GUIStyle,bool,bool,bool,UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])
PWCommon5.EditorUtils:Panel (UnityEngine.GUIContent,string,System.Action`1<bool>,bool,bool,bool,UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])
PWCommon5.EditorUtils:Panel (string,System.Action`1<bool>,bool,UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor:RuntimeCreationTab () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:632)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils:Tabs (PWCommon5.TabSet,UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor:StandardTab () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:1080)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils:Tabs (PWCommon5.TabSet,UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor:OnGUI () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:3726)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

Well if someone could tell as which prefab was deleted or removed or am I missing something else do let me know

Spawn Point

You will need to go to the Gaia Manager- Set the Player Controller to none, then set the water and the other systems that you don't want to none as well. 
When this is finished you can simply click update runtime. 
This will remove them. 

You probably got this error by simply deleting the player and water from the runtime which you can not do as its still active in the gaia manager and is dependent. 

• Like 1

Thanks for quick reply but I have already tried to remove all the option from gaia manager to remove player controller, disable post processing, wind, water etc but still getting the same error.

Are you on the latest Gaia version already? This looks like a bug that was fixed in the latest version where this error was created when you were using a custom player setup where the camera was a child of the player prefab rather than an individual object.

On 12/25/2021 at 12:09 PM, Peter said:

Are you on the latest Gaia version already? This looks like a bug that was fixed in the latest version where this error was created when you were using a custom player setup where the camera was a child of the player prefab rather than an individual object.

Yes I am using the latest version Gaia Pro (3.1.3-c5) & Unity 2020.3.25f1

I have even tried to import gaia in new project in unity 2020 but still after closing the gaia manager once then I am not able to update the run later on if needed & I am gettng the same error again and again.

Please do help as we have to push new updates to our project & we aren't able to do so because of this error.

• Solution

I checked the error again and I think I found something that could trigger this error when multiple cameras are involved in the player setup. Could you please download the attached patch, rename it to end with ".unitypackage" as file extension, and install it in the project? This should fix the error you were reporting initially.

Gaia-SceneManagement-ComplexCameraFix.unitypackage