Voronoi Bug

Sorra the Orc

For a very long time there has been a known issue with the Voronoi mask:

image.png.b406e7ab00892a0f7a68162c4484a8f0.png

I think I must be exceptionally unlucky since it seems I hit this crash very frequently. It is infuriating and essentially means that Voronoi is unusable. Yet it is a very important mask for many world building tasks.

Is there any chance this will be fixed? If not I suggest removing it as not having the option is preferable to trying my luck every now and again then swearing at Gaia when Unity crashes.

This is amazing... I looked away from my project to type the above message. I was deciding whether or not to take the gamble and hit spawn (I decided not too for the reason above). But when I returned to the screen to change the Voronoi to something sub-optimal but safer I was faced with this:

image.png.cf99e66bd3e8d401e1e2ed6fd6a70d08.png

Note it says there are 2 masks, but shows none. There was a slope mask and the voronoi that gave me the above image. But they went poof when I looked away. Wierd.

If I collapse the Mask Settings header:

image.png.1b81d21a91436a6dc1ca3ac611aafad8.png

Expanding again says it has 2 in the title but the list is empty.

Adding a mask gave me:
image.thumb.png.03021fd8fbd0534f179c190e50ec9c32.png

There following error is the most recent, I do not know when it occured as my console is forever full of GUI errors, but this one isn't the usual one:

```

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Gaia.SpawnerEditor.DrawRuleResourceSettings (Gaia.SpawnRule rule, System.Int32 spawnRuleID, System.Boolean helpEnabled) (at Assets/Procedural
Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/SpawnerEditor.cs:5753)
Gaia.SpawnerEditor.DrawSingleRule (Gaia.SpawnRule rule, System.Int32 spawnRuleID, System.Boolean helpEnabled) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/SpawnerEditor.cs:5240)
Gaia.SpawnerEditor.DrawSingleRulePanel (Gaia.SpawnRule rule, System.Int32 ruleIdx) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/SpawnerEditor.cs:4690)
Gaia.SpawnerEditor.DrawRegularSpawnRules (System.Boolean helpEnabled) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/SpawnerEditor.cs:4411)
Gaia.SpawnerEditor.DrawSpawnRulesPanel (System.String nameKey, System.Action`1[T] contentMethod, System.Boolean& toggleAllState, System.Boolean unfolded) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/SpawnerEditor.cs:4179)
Gaia.SpawnerEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/SpawnerEditor.cs:1524)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass59_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <1ada6c7052bb42378c5ec1bd01fc4723>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)
```

Collapsing at this point gives me a header claiming 1 mask, but expanding give me.... damn it, I looked away to type then went back and it now says 3, even before expanding.

This is making me very nervous, there's a ghost mucking with my spawner!

@Sorra the Orc From what we know of that Voronoi issue, it seems to affect users with a certain hardware combination. So it has nothing to do with luck, if you get it you should always get it. Fixing this is quite difficult for us, as this seems to originate somewhere in the innerworkings between the Unity Engine and the Graphics API that we cannot directly influence from the Unity API level. We are additionally not able to reproduce this issue ourselves, so we have little means of investigating further.
We could remove the feature, but that seems excessive since there are also a lot of users who can use it.

I looked into that one error message you posted, but the offending line seems to be an open bracket "{" in Gaia Version 3.2.2. Could you please tell me the Gaia version you are using, or if you modified the code, could you please double click on the error so it opens at the line where the error was thrown and post the line here?
From the stack trace it looks like it would happen somewhere where the resource UI is being drawn, not sure if that is the cause for the masks disappearing / not displaying later on though.

On the Voronoi thing I'm surprised because a) it's not 100%, maybe 80% and b) my rig is very standard I9-9900K, 64Gb, RTX 2080. It's not even a self-build, it's an off the shelf MSI build. There are far more variables for the third surprise, so may not be relevant, but I use Voronoi extensively in other applications. Perhaps something in a library you are using? I hear you on the not removing if it works for a majority, but as I said my rig is a very common rig, so I'm surprised.

The version of Gaia I'm on is image.png.ee5afc67f1673a1f57b5600b9e9f1c7b.png

This project is due to be moved to 2021. I'll update Gaia at the same time.