Create Imposters leaving black squares in terrain texture

Chrismeteu

i've attached an example. I'm using Unity 2021.3.1f1 URP and using export terrain to create the terrain impostors (used default settings). but for some reason the entire texture wasn't created and left black. what could be causing this and how do i correct it?

LOD0_Terrain_0_3-20220426 - 104918_Baked.png

@Chrismeteu Hi, is the texture you posted the created texture of a single terrain? If yes, this is quite unusual, the texture is being created normally by rendering into an orthographic camera, so something might influence the terrain to not render correctly while the texture is created. We will try to see if we can reproduce the issue.
What you can do in the meantime is to try to switch the texture export method to "Base Map Export" by digging into the terrain mesh exporter settings:

image.png

The Base Map Export works differently by analyzing the colors of the textures used on the terrain, and "painting" that color into the exported texture according to the texture distribution on the terrain. This should circumvent the issue that lead to the black squares.

I was using multiple terrains and just uploaded one of the ones that showed the issue if that makes any difference in trying to reproduce it.

On 5/1/2022 at 6:30 PM, Chrismeteu said:

I was using multiple terrains and just uploaded one of the ones that showed the issue if that makes any difference in trying to reproduce it.

Not really, but the solution that Peter had mention should fix the issue. 
We are looking for a solution regarding this problem.