APK size

themikeyhouse
Go to solution Solved by Manny,

I cannot seem to get under 300 mb for apk size unless I delete GeNa Pro. Does anyone else have this problem and is there something I can do to lower the apk size instead of deleting Gena Pro. Even if it is a tiny terrain with no spawners it is still over 300 mb. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hi there @themikeyhouse,

Thank you very much for your patience. Unfortunately at this current stage, if you include GeNa in your project upon building, it will compile and compress all of the files necessary for it to run including all of the profiles you are using in your project which could contain a lot of data such as textures, meshes as such. Even if you don't have a scene with GeNa running, Unity will still collect every 'Resources' folder in your project. 

• 5 months later...

I just encountered this issue. If I rename GeNa's "Resources" folder will it cause things to break? If so - it would be good if GeNa could use a different mechanism to load its resources e.g. asset packs or addressables.

• 2 weeks later...

For Android, you can extend the 150 MB size to about 2gb... Which are called expansion files, so you can use more if needed.

If you don't have any runtime, aspects, Gena can be removed later as well... How ever if you have runtime aspects, you can remove parts of Gena that are not being used ..   I wish I seen this post sooner, but I use Gena currently with Android, and Android has a 300mb size limit, which can be extended.  This is a few things that can be done. 

Unity also has alot of things, that will need to be removed, materials can be expensive, so every bit counts for mobile..