DetailObject causing lag

Salogeo
Go to solution Solved by Isaac,

Hi everyone,

I've been using Gaia Pro 2021 for a while now and it's been a great help the included flora system is also something I really like however all of a sudden (the last 3 days or so) I've started getting terrible lag in my project, after turning on the profiler it seems that it's coming from DetailObject.LateUpdate which seems to be a script related to the Flora system. I haven't changed anything in the flora settings in the last few months so no idea how this happened. Maybe I accidently clicked something I shouldn't have?

Hopefully someone here knows how to fix this 🙂

DetailObject_Profiler.png

• Solution

Hi @Salogeo,

This does seem quite odd. From the functions this screenshot shows, it seems the issue is ocurring roughly every frame. 

As a first test, can you try disabling the Flora Terrain Tile component. My assumption is the without drawing it should be fine:

image.png.81063073fba4294e0d10bcdd83364b96.png

If that runs smoothly, re-enable it and hit play again. Whilst in playmode, navigate to the flora detail objects that get assigned underneath the terrain gameobject, and try disabling each of them one by one.

image.png.6bad2c3f540cb9d5ed29762f3d27ec0b.png

image.thumb.png.1b1c4e0c8a1324b25c2bd7d82a712f86.png

Let me know if when disabling one detail object in particular it caused a boost in performance - there may be a setting within it that makes the rest of the system lag. 

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it! For now it seems to have been fixed by simply disabling it and enabling it again. I've had it happen before though so if it happens again I'll try the steps you suggested and report my findings (but here's to hoping it won't happen again).

• Like 1