2021.3.0f install of Gaia Pro 2021 Help Needed

JCFisher1
Go to solution Solved by JCFisher1,

I recently installed GAIA PRO 2021 on LTS 2021.3.0f and when I ever i get to the World Designer I get this error. It even causes my system to hang and causes Unity to crash occasionally. I am looking for any help to resolve this issue

System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
Could not load type of field 'GeNa.Core.GeNaMultiTerrainOperation:m_heightmapBrushTransform' (42) due to: Could not resolve type with token 010000ee from typeref (expected class 'UnityEngine.Experimental.TerrainAPI.BrushTransform' in assembly 'UnityEngine.TerrainModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null') assembly:UnityEngine.TerrainModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:UnityEngine.Experimental.TerrainAPI.BrushTransform member:(null)
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <6073cf49ed704e958b8a66d540dea948>:0 
  at Invector.DefineSymbolsManager.InvectorDefineSymbolsManager+<>c.<GetAllDefinitions>b__3_0 (System.Reflection.Assembly x) [0x00000] in D:\Unity\Side Projects\test\Assets\Invector-3rdPersonController\Basic Locomotion\Scripts\Generic\Editor\InvectorDefineSymbolsManager.cs:80 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+SelectManySingleSelectorIterator`2[TSource,TResult].MoveNext () [0x00051] in <1e18c5a6594041c9844bfd0b6618ee4a>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+WhereEnumerableIterator`1[TSource].ToList () [0x00030] in <1e18c5a6594041c9844bfd0b6618ee4a>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source) [0x0001f] in <1e18c5a6594041c9844bfd0b6618ee4a>:0 
  at Invector.DefineSymbolsManager.InvectorDefineSymbolsManager.GetAllDefinitions () [0x00000] in D:\Unity\Side Projects\test\Assets\Invector-3rdPersonController\Basic Locomotion\Scripts\Generic\Editor\InvectorDefineSymbolsManager.cs:80 
  at Invector.DefineSymbolsManager.InvectorDefineSymbolsManager.CreateDefinitions () [0x00030] in D:\Unity\Side Projects\test\Assets\Invector-3rdPersonController\Basic Locomotion\Scripts\Generic\Editor\InvectorDefineSymbolsManager.cs:25 
  at Invector.DefineSymbolsManager.InvectorDefineSymbolsManager..cctor () [0x00000] in D:\Unity\Side Projects\test\Assets\Invector-3rdPersonController\Basic Locomotion\Scripts\Generic\Editor\InvectorDefineSymbolsManager.cs:16 
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'GeNa.Core.GeNaMultiTerrainOperation:m_heightmapBrushTransform' (42) due to: Could not resolve type with token 010000ee from typeref (expected class 'UnityEngine.Experimental.TerrainAPI.BrushTransform' in assembly 'UnityEngine.TerrainModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null') assembly:UnityEngine.TerrainModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:UnityEngine.Experimental.TerrainAPI.BrushTransform member:(null)
UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes (System.Type[])

image.thumb.png.e9c5007b4d3ee56875aa66156ad4dcd0.png

@JCFisher1 I did a test install of the Gaia GeNa combo when 2021.3.0f became available, and did not run into this issue initially. I looked into the errors a bit and found the cause: When installing GeNa, you should see at some point a dialog box that ask you to update precompiled DLLs:
image.png

Could it be that you clicked "No" here or closed the window? I tested this and this causes the exact same errors for me. To double check, you could delete the Procedural Worlds\GeNa folder and then reimport GeNa, you should then get this dialog and you can confirm the DLL update, this should fix the issue then.

@Peter I tried doing what you said with deleting the gena folder. Then reimporting, but I never got the update dialogue box.  I did that twice so far. I am going to delete Gaia and Gena and do a fresh import. 

• Solution

@Peter Ok by deleting the Procedural Words folder. I also deleted the Gaia User Data folder.  I did a fresh import of Gena and finally that dialogue box came up. I clicked the Yes button, and it completed the package install successfully. 
I am installing Gaia Pro 2021. Ok I finished it. I opened up Gaia Window Manager and clicked on create world design and I have no errors. 
Thank you for your help! 

-Jeremy

1 hour ago, JCFisher1 said:

@Peter Ok by deleting the Procedural Words folder. I also deleted the Gaia User Data folder.  I did a fresh import of Gena and finally that dialogue box came up. I clicked the Yes button, and it completed the package install successfully. 
I am installing Gaia Pro 2021. Ok I finished it. I opened up Gaia Window Manager and clicked on create world design and I have no errors. 
Thank you for your help! 

-Jeremy

Thats great to hear its working! 
Thank you for the info as well! 

• 1 year later...
On 4/18/2022 at 1:01 PM, Peter said:

@JCFisher1 I did a test install of the Gaia GeNa combo when 2021.3.0f became available, and did not run into this issue initially. I looked into the errors a bit and found the cause: When installing GeNa, you should see at some point a dialog box that ask you to update precompiled DLLs:
image.png

Could it be that you clicked "No" here or closed the window? I tested this and this causes the exact same errors for me. To double check, you could delete the Procedural Worlds\GeNa folder and then reimport GeNa, you should then get this dialog and you can confirm the DLL update, this should fix the issue then.

I've tried re-importing GeNa Pro severally but I still do not get this prompt on Unity 2023.2.1f1.

Please help required. Thank You!

Hi @Acevio,

this prompt is controlled by the "API-Updater" from the Unity Editor. It should normally appear automatically when you open up unity or when you install a package that has a .dll file in it that was created in an earlier version of unity and needs to be updated. I could only imagine two reasons why it does not show up:

• The project has already a compilation error at the time of the package import, thus it does not get as far as updating the .dll because it stops at other errors first
  • The API-updater is deactivated via command line parameter - it is possible to add parameters to the unity process to control a lot of things, one parameter is "-disable-assembly-updater", if you have this parameter active it would explain why it does not show up. You can check the command line parameters in the unity hub:

image.png