Road Bake Override

rotem adler
Go to solution Solved by Clyde,

Hey guys !

I'm trying to create a roadside + pavement along the road I've created, and in order to achieve that - I wanted to use the original road spline; but it seems that after baking the road, and even after I suplicate the road spline object - it will always override the original road, which doesn't allow me to add other road bakes for the roadside and the pavement as well. My road is 6 Meters wide, roadside - 7 Meters, and Roadside - 12 Meters (all starting form the same road spline).

What can I do to achieve this ?

Many thanks in advance !

12 hours ago, rotem adler said:

Hey guys !

I'm trying to create a roadside + pavement along the road I've created, and in order to achieve that - I wanted to use the original road spline; but it seems that after baking the road, and even after I suplicate the road spline object - it will always override the original road, which doesn't allow me to add other road bakes for the roadside and the pavement as well. My road is 6 Meters wide, roadside - 7 Meters, and Roadside - 12 Meters (all starting form the same road spline).

What can I do to achieve this ?

Many thanks in advance !

Can you please try to upgrade to the latest GeNa Pro? 
The latest version should be 3.3.17

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Can you please try to upgrade to the latest GeNa Pro? 
The latest version should be 3.3.17

Hey Bryan !!!

I just did, unfortunately I'm still not sure how to solve the issue since the roads keep overwriting each other (even when I separate the baked objects in the hierarchy)

If you select the road meshes under the terrain in the Hierarchy does it show as a mesh without a material, but you can see the outline in the scene?

Edit: You don't have Split Meshes at Terrains checked, so it will be under Baked Road Meshes in the Hierarchy.

On 4/19/2022 at 2:56 AM, Clyde said:

If you select the road meshes under the terrain in the Hierarchy does it show as a mesh without a material, but you can see the outline in the scene?

Edit: You don't have Split Meshes at Terrains checked, so it will be under Baked Road Meshes in the Hierarchy.

Hey @Clyde ! Thank you so much for your prompt response !

The mesh does show up in the editor; but not in runtime / playmode.

f_wEYAKP86FnuRgyjqlc42ZOf9BMtDvSW0.png

I do have the "BakedUnsplit_RoadMeshes" Object created for the pavement; the "Road" Game object is the one overwriting the already-baked pavement (when I bake it as well):

f_QVxE47HO3jyhmoZ0LdBtX9z6uPRp8TFb.png

f_v8z1LBUxj9Ved0E6fpoXF2YNsgMTbKPI.png

When I bake the Road - it goes under "Road Meshes (425)":

f_pz5SiWBMDcELG3mlOa2jCPAfnde78YXy.png

• Solution

@rotem adler,

Are you manually re-enabling the road spline after baking it? (It get disabled when you bake it)

It looks like the "white brick" mesh is at about the height of the road mesh. At a distance, the road mesh shader will raise the road a small amout to compensate for the loss in resolution of the terrain at greater distances.

Try adding an extra height offset to the road or lower the "white brick" a bit.