GeNa Pro takes up a lot of space when I print out my project APK.

Hittite Games
Go to solution Solved by Manny,

Hi, when I APK output a lowpoly map and scene containing Gaia Pro, I get a 66 MB APK output. But when I add Gena Pro to the project, the APK output size is 720MB. I also bought polygon nature spawn pack to create awesome mobile lowpoly scenes but since yesterday I am trying to reduce MB space occupied by GeNa Pro. Is there a way around this? otherwise I will not be able to use Gena Pro in my mobile games. 😞

Best Regards

21 hours ago, Hittite Games said:

Hi, when I APK output a lowpoly map and scene containing Gaia Pro, I get a 66 MB APK output. But when I add Gena Pro to the project, the APK output size is 720MB. I also bought polygon nature spawn pack to create awesome mobile lowpoly scenes but since yesterday I am trying to reduce MB space occupied by GeNa Pro. Is there a way around this? otherwise I will not be able to use Gena Pro in my mobile games. 😞

Best Regards

We will look into this! 

• 7 months later...
  • Solution

Hi @Hittite Games

The build size with GeNa included has been reduced drastically in the last few versions of GeNa Pro. Unfortunately, there are a few Texture and Shader dependencies that GeNa was implemented with that significantly increase the build size. At this point in time, we can't improve the build size further without re-working a big chunk of GeNa's internal code.

• Like 1

Ya, I had to revert to Gena 2 and update due to this issue for Android myself.  When I had to do, which is a work around if you want to use parts of Gena pro like roads, was to export out roads, meshes, and bring that into another project.  and get rid of elements that are not going to raise the build..  My sons are making a Android game, and this has been a issue, which is what I did to address it. I know its not a fix..  But, we need to be able to remove, , things, that we are not using.. in our mobile projects...  

Be sure to use something like Asset hunter and with Gena pro, strip out what you can see and remove, that is not being used in your current project, other wise, you will need to do what we had to...  I still found it was also not a perfect fix, but I did drop the file size a decent amount... 

Other wise, use Gena 2, for spawning , and for Gena pro two aspects export out as meshes which will resolve the texture shader issue  .. after you built your scene.   This is what we had to do.

Android you can raise, your file size but, most users get pissed off. when you eat up hard drive space. .

• Like 1