Runtime Gena Pro spawn on gaia biome

TakeruGrima

Hi,

I want to make a spawner in Gena Pro in runtime, that spawner should be able to spawn trees and others resources on gaia biomes. But this feature is a feature in Gaia and not in Gena but I need the spawning to be in runtime to be able to respawn a tree for example when it is destroyed by a player after a period of time ( but not in the same place). Is there a way to make Gena follow the biome to spawn objects ?

Maybe by using the mask that allows us to create the biome in gaia ? Using the mask of gaia in gena one ?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hi, as mentioned on Discord it is possible to call a GeNa spawner from within Gaia:
https://canopy.procedural-worlds.com/library/tools/gaia-pro-2021/written-articles/advanced/spawn-extensions-calling-gena-from-gaia-r136/

However during runtime this is not as easy: Gaia was not designed to be executed during runtime, it uses many (code) features of the unity editor that are not available in a standalone build. If you have some programming experience, you could in theory export the biome mask from the Mask Map Exporter, and sample it during runtime to figure out if a certain area of the map is within the biome or not.