Moon is beautiful but can't see it because of the mountains.

Ugur Tuna

I have built the world with a lot of high mountains but they block visibility of the moon. Is there a way to raise moon's height? I couldn't find at the lighting options.

6 hours ago, Bryan said:

This would depend on your time of day. 

So there is no option to "change" the moon's height? Did I understand it correct?

7 hours ago, Bryan said:

This would depend on your time of day. 

@Bryan but it works only with the ligthing profile "Procedural Worls Sky", correct?
(And it's not available with HDRP)

2 hours ago, Ugur Tuna said:

So there is no option to "change" the moon's height? Did I understand it correct?

First lets establish what you are using. 
Are you using built-in HDRP or URP? 

What lighting profile are you using? 
Are you using Night or Procedural Sky? 

1 hour ago, Loran75 said:

@Bryan but it works only with the ligthing profile "Procedural Worls Sky", correct?
(And it's not available with HDRP)

There is an HDRP version (its still a work in progress but it is there). 

1 minute ago, Bryan said:

Sorry, I jumped into the conversation because I have the same issue. I use HDRP, Night Lighting profile.

4 minutes ago, Bryan said:

image.png.c568063b45b621bf53d8d3d85b5763a8.png
I can't activate HDRP Procedural Sky

3 hours ago, Bryan said:

I use URP, procedural worlds sky but if I change the rotation of the sun, moon doesn't move. Also there is a moon light game object. So if I move the moon light game object will it work, because I thought that might create some problems or gaia may replace it's start position?

@Ugur Tuna If you are using the Procedural Worlds sky, the moon should rotate if you go to Gaia lighting, and change the "sun rotation" in there. (The label is a bit misleading, probably "sun / moon rotation" would be better). It is important to change it there, otherwise the rotation will be reset whenever the time of day system updates its values into the scene.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter said:

@Ugur Tuna If you are using the Procedural Worlds sky, the moon should rotate if you go to Gaia lighting, and change the "sun rotation" in there. (The label is a bit misleading, probably "sun / moon rotation" would be better). It is important to change it there, otherwise the rotation will be reset whenever the time of day system updates its values into the scene.

Thank you; but it doesn't raise it's height. I want to make moon visible despite the high mountains. So I need to raise it's height without changing the sun's height.

Then you need to change the time of day to a different time where the moon is at a different position in the sky. Over the course of the night the moon will travel from one horizon over the sky, so you would need to pick the correct time where the moon is in a favorable position for you.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Peter said:

Then you need to change the time of day to a different time where the moon is at a different position in the sky. Over the course of the night the moon will travel from one horizon over the sky, so you would need to pick the correct time where the moon is in a favorable position for you.

Well, it doesn't suit me because I don't want to freeze time at night. Thank you.

• Confused 1

How do you expect the celestial bodies to behave as time progresses? In the real world the sun and the moon travel over the sky and are obscured by mountains and other objects at some point. If you do want time to progress, but the moon / sun should not move, you would need to stop the time for our time of day system (and put the moon in the spot where you want it), and then create your own time system independently of ours.
Note that when you "stop the time" in our time system it is not tied to the time progression of the game engine. It would just affect the lighting conditions for your scene, the time used e.g. for physics calculations, player movement etc. would still run.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bryan said:

Great, thanks! (you have a new beta-tester 🙂)

• Like 1