Jump to content

Moon is beautiful but can't see it because of the mountains.


Ugur Tuna
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have built the world with a lot of high mountains but they block visibility of the moon. Is there a way to raise moon's height? I couldn't find at the lighting options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Ugur Tuna said:

@Bryan   Is there a way to raise moon's height? Can you help me please.

This would depend on your time of day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bryan said:

This would depend on your time of day. 

So there is no option to "change" the moon's height? Did I understand it correct?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bryan said:

This would depend on your time of day. 

@Bryan but it works only with the ligthing profile "Procedural Worls Sky", correct?
(And it's not available with HDRP)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ugur Tuna said:

So there is no option to "change" the moon's height? Did I understand it correct?

First lets establish what you are using. 
Are you using built-in HDRP or URP? 

What lighting profile are you using? 
Are you using Night or Procedural Sky? 

 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Loran75 said:

@Bryan but it works only with the ligthing profile "Procedural Worls Sky", correct?
(And it's not available with HDRP)

There is an HDRP version (its still a work in progress but it is there). 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bryan said:

First lets establish what you are using. 
Are you using built-in HDRP or URP? 

What lighting profile are you using? 
Are you using Night or Procedural Sky? 

Sorry, I jumped into the conversation because I have the same issue. I use HDRP, Night Lighting profile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bryan said:

There is an HDRP version (its still a work in progress but it is there). 

 

image.png.c568063b45b621bf53d8d3d85b5763a8.png
I can't activate HDRP Procedural Sky

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bryan said:

First lets establish what you are using. 
Are you using built-in HDRP or URP? 

What lighting profile are you using? 
Are you using Night or Procedural Sky? 

 


 

I use URP, procedural worlds sky but if I change the rotation of the sun, moon doesn't move. Also there is a moon light game object. So if I move the moon light game object will it work, because I thought that might create some problems or gaia may replace it's start position?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Ugur Tuna If you are using the Procedural Worlds sky, the moon should rotate if you go to Gaia lighting, and change the "sun rotation" in there. (The label is a bit misleading, probably "sun / moon rotation" would be better). It is important to change it there, otherwise the rotation will be reset whenever the time of day system updates its values into the scene.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Peter said:

@Ugur Tuna If you are using the Procedural Worlds sky, the moon should rotate if you go to Gaia lighting, and change the "sun rotation" in there. (The label is a bit misleading, probably "sun / moon rotation" would be better). It is important to change it there, otherwise the rotation will be reset whenever the time of day system updates its values into the scene.

Thank you; but it doesn't raise it's height. I want to make moon visible despite the high mountains. So I need to raise it's height without changing the sun's height.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Then you need to change the time of day to a different time where the moon is at a different position in the sky. Over the course of the night the moon will travel from one horizon over the sky, so you would need to pick the correct time where the moon is in a favorable position for you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Peter said:

Then you need to change the time of day to a different time where the moon is at a different position in the sky. Over the course of the night the moon will travel from one horizon over the sky, so you would need to pick the correct time where the moon is in a favorable position for you.

Well, it doesn't suit me because I don't want to freeze time at night. Thank you.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How do you expect the celestial bodies to behave as time progresses? In the real world the sun and the moon travel over the sky and are obscured by mountains and other objects at some point. If you do want time to progress, but the moon / sun should not move, you would need to stop the time for our time of day system (and put the moon in the spot where you want it), and then create your own time system independently of ours.
Note that when you "stop the time" in our time system it is not tied to the time progression of the game engine. It would just affect the lighting conditions for your scene, the time used e.g. for physics calculations, player movement etc. would still run.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Bryan said:

There is an HDRP version (its still a work in progress but it is there). 

 

Great, thanks! (you have a new beta-tester 🙂)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Tell a friend

    Love Canopy - Procedural Worlds? Tell a friend!
  • Need help?

    We work with some of the biggest brands in global gaming, automotive, technology, and government to create environments, games, simulations, and product launches for desktop, mobile, and VR.

    Our unique expertise and technology enable us to deliver solutions that look and run better at a fraction of the time and cost of a typical project.

    Check out some of our non-NDA work in the Gallery, and then Contact Us to accelerate your next project!

×
×
  • Create New...