How do You Set up Gaia Pro 2021 System to Use ENVIRO Sky system as the sky?

goodGraphicGuy

Hi I have ENVIRO and i want to use it for my day night cycle and weather system, how do i use it along with Gaia Pro 2021?

Do i have to uncheck or check some settings in the Gaia Manager?

Hi i'm back with some more stuff to add.
Well i figured out how to set it up. I figured out that you have to  set ENVIRO as the  Gaia Lighting in the Gai Lighting object as you can see in my picture, and then in ENVIRO itself you set the player you want. Like if the player is the gaia player you drag in the player and player camera from gaia. That about solves it.

Except there are 2 problems that i don't have a solution for, if you can help me understand or solve

1) as the day time progresses and  the shadows animate, the shadows don't animate smoothly. They like skip frames. I wonder how i can fix this. I'm not even sure if this is the place to ask or i should ask the ENVIRO makers. But it could be related to there being many trees i dont know. i heard many trees causes computer processing power.

2) The screen flickers too. Again i dont know if this is a problem i should ask you or the ENVIRO makers but i've used ENVIRO without Gaia and this flickering never happened without Gaia so i thought it would be good to tell you/ask you what to do.

A_addedEnviroToGaiaLightingObject.jpg

B_addedGaiaFPSPlayerToEnviroPLayerSlots.jpg

On 4/10/2022 at 1:10 AM, goodGraphicGuy said:

I have ENVIRO and i want to use it for my day night cycle and weather system, how do i use it along with Gaia Pro 2021?

You would need to set the Gaia Skies to none or third party and then use Gaia Custom player. 
Then assign your Player and Camera. 

31 minutes ago, Bryan said:

You would need to set the Gaia Skies to none or third party and then use Gaia Custom player. 
Then assign your Player and Camera. 

Thanks, you were alittle late on my post cause later i told you that i did figure it out. and that it works. But i'm actually for testing puposes using the Gaia FPS player so i'm not setting it to custom.

But did you read my other stuff about how the shadows skip frames and stutter and don't animate smoothly , and how the screen flickers. Do you know if that is caused by having too many trees and stuff or what is it caused by?

You would need to look into the shadow settings from the Unity Project settings. 
Its been a long time since I used Enviro so I dont remember if they have any settings for shadowing. 

Hey Bryan i figured it out!!!  When i use ENVIRO and HDRP and Gaia Pro 2021, the flickering happens only if i use the Gaia Players like First person, or third person or any of the included Player types. If i use a custom player of my own( player controller with its own camera), the flickering doesn't happen!

Well plus i do HDRP...so maybe Gaia doesn't support HDRP very well or doesn't support ENVIRO very well. So anyways, i'll just use my Third party Character/player and that's solved. Thanks for your help.

I'll include some images showing the flickering. this happengs very fast many times within a second. i was just able to screen capture a movie and then do some pauses andgrab some frames. you see how the character flickers from being lighten to not being lighten. interesting. PS the first image i took from the editor itself, that's why it looks different. for the second one i had trouble catching up to take the screenshot so i had to capture a movie, and the VLC video player is set to change to coloring so that's why it looks diffeeent coloring.

Screenshot 2022-04-13 061140.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-13 061404.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 7:24 AM, goodGraphicGuy said:

Hey Bryan i figured it out!!!  When i use ENVIRO and HDRP and Gaia Pro 2021, the flickering happens only if i use the Gaia Players like First person, or third person or any of the included Player types. If i use a custom player of my own( player controller with its own camera), the flickering doesn't happen!

Well plus i do HDRP...so maybe Gaia doesn't support HDRP very well or doesn't support ENVIRO very well. So anyways, i'll just use my Third party Character/player and that's solved. Thanks for your help.

I'll include some images showing the flickering. this happengs very fast many times within a second. i was just able to screen capture a movie and then do some pauses andgrab some frames. you see how the character flickers from being lighten to not being lighten. interesting. PS the first image i took from the editor itself, that's why it looks different. for the second one i had trouble catching up to take the screenshot so i had to capture a movie, and the VLC video player is set to change to coloring so that's why it looks diffeeent coloring.

Screenshot 2022-04-13 061140.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-13 061404.jpg

Thats great! I will have to make note of this. 
Apparently play with enviro as well. As soon as Adam let me make games again hehe

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 3:56 AM, digi said:

What happened to the Enviro integration? This used to be an out of the box thing.

We have asked for the integration, just hasn't happened again. 
You are more than welcome to contact them, and see if they are willing to do the reintegration we have not been able to get through to the publisher. 

We did have a solution if you wanted to re do the integration: 

Not sure how much this hold up with Gaia Pro 2021 but should be roughly the same.