Scanned Height Map

Valority
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hi,

I've scanned a height map I found. But when I stamp the terrain and extrude, it looks like the attached image.

Is it possible to smooth the "bumps", while still keeping the mountains, hills... etc? Or should I scan/stamp the terrain in a different way?

ScannedWorld.jpg

@Valority This is usually caused by the color depth on the image, or compression on the texture import settings in unity. Please make sure that your original source image is 16 bit color depth or higher, and when you save the image it also keeps 16 bit colors. Then check on the import settings for the texture in unity that there is no compression enabled, you can check the import settings for Gaias own stamp images in the Gaia\Stamps folder for comparison.

• Solution

@Valority Just to be sure: Your current target platform is "PC / Max Linux Standalone", correct? (Just asking since you seem to have multiple other platforms installed).
Could you please try to switch the "Format" in the Overrides for PC Mac & Linux Standalone tab (shown in your 2nd Screenshot) to "RGBA Half", or switch off the checkbox for "Override For PC, Mac & Linux Standalone" altogether.