XR Controller may be causing CS7036 error

myerssk

Dear Gaia Pro 2021 Support,

When I tried to use the  XR Controller in my scene, I am getting the CS7036 error.  I have installed the XR Interaction Toolkit.  I am currently running Unity  2021.2.5f1.

I have tried new projects with just Gaia Pro 2021 installed and the following plugins:

XR Interaction Toolkit

XR Plugin Management

Oculus XR Plugin

Here is the error:

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Scene Managment\Editor\GaiaSceneManagement.cs(1420,28): error CS7036: There is no argument given that corresponds to the required formal parameter 'parentPlayer' of 'GaiaGlobal.FinalizePlayerObjectEditor(GameObject, GaiaSettings, bool)'

Please advise,

Sheldon 

Hi Sheldon, this error is a bug in the current Gaia version when using the XR controller, please install the attached file to fix the error. Please note that you need to rename the file so that it says ".unitypackage" at the end.
I will put this up as a "Known Issue" here in Canopy until it is resolved automatically with the next Gaia update.

Gaia-XR-SceneManagement-Fix.unitypackage

Hi @myerssk,

sorry I missed your reply in the end - I renamed the file as .txt file, hopefully this should be considered harmless by the virus protection. Could you please try to download that and rename it so that the filename is 
GaiaSceneManagement.cs, t
hen copy that file into the folder
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Scene Managment\Editor
while overwriting the original file in that spot? This should have the same effect as installing the unitypackage.

GaiaSceneManagement.txt

Hi Peter,

I opened up a window as Incognito and the file download without any issues.  I didn't have to rename the document.

Thanks,

Sheldon