Can't place nodes

KeybladeViking
Go to solution Solved by Manny,

Hi, I can't place any splines at all, when I hold ctrl and press the mouse button it only select the object or terrain as well and no node is placed. 

Gizmos, including this specific gizmo, are active but there is a warning in the inspector under 'quick start' saying that the inspector is locked! No idea why it's locked nor how to unlock it. 

I'm using Unity 2019.4.22f1 because it's a pain in the but to update and Gena 3.1.0 c5 also because I dont trust myself to update stuff if I mess up and loose hard work. 

• Solution

Hey @KeybladeViking,

I know that upgrading can be quite stressful but rest assured, the new GeNa version fixes this issue so we highly recommend you upgrade to the latest. If you have any uncertainties about whether your work will be upgraded properly or not, I would advice you make a copy of the project and try upgrading on the second copy. 

Also, it is recommended that you perform a GeNa maintenance when you upgrade. GeNa automatically does this with your project upon upgrading, but in case for whatever reason it doesn't, you can do it manually by:

1. Going to Window > Procedural Worlds > GeNa > GeNa Manager.

image.png

2. Performing a Maintenance
image.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the response, I'll try that when I get home then, wish me good luck 🙂 Should I upgrade Gaia Pro as well to avoid conflicts or do I not need to worry about that?

On 3/30/2022 at 5:03 AM, KeybladeViking said:

Thanks for the response, I'll try that when I get home then, wish me good luck 🙂 Should I upgrade Gaia Pro as well to avoid conflicts or do I not need to worry about that?

If you are using 2019.4 you can use Gaia Pro thats fine. 
There shouldn't be any issues but to be sure check the update log from your version to the latest. 

However, if you plan on going to Gaia Pro 2021 please note you must use Unity version 2020.3 and above.