Can't Clear a Spawn

Guidos

Hi all,

Im having a few occasions where I can not clear a particular spawn. It maybe triggered by me dragging a new tree into an existing spawn to replace the previous tree. The new tree appears. I try to replace it again and the next tree doesn't appear. So I press to spawn and the tree is not changed. 

I then do to the bottom of the spawn inspector and try to clear spawns and it clears everything except the object I dragged into an existing spawn.

I then try to clear the complete biome but everything is cleared except the object I dragged into an existing spawn.

I guess I better not drag objects into an existing spawn but Im not sure this is the trigger but irrespective of that Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how to remove a stuck spawn?

Thanks

Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 09.37.39.png

I think this is a bug because on occasion I can not clear a spawn at the spawn level or at the biome level and have to go delete the project or go back to an earlier instance. 

This needs fixing. 

10 hours ago, Guidos said:

I think this is a bug because on occasion I can not clear a spawn at the spawn level or at the biome level and have to go delete the project or go back to an earlier instance. 

This needs fixing. 

You can use the Resource Helper from the Gaia Manager- 
Window- Procedural Worlds- Advanced- Gaia Tools- Resource Helper: 
image.png

This will remove the resources from a single terrain or all terrains. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bryan, Ive not been able to fully remove all spawns this way. Am I doing something wrong?

This project is just a test project so its pretty much just Gaia. 

Ive tried the spawn remove option in the spawner and this removed the village spawns shown in the image attached. Strange it didn't do it in the method you described though. 

Screenshot 2022-04-10 at 09.28.32.png

I have been partially successful by ensuring the object to be removed is still one of the spawners, i.e. if you spawn a tree, then change the tree in the spawner, then try to remove the original tree by setting all spawners to remove, the original tree doesn't remove. 

The Resource Helper Bryan mentions above works but it is the 'nuke' option as it removes everything so you have to start again from scratch. 

1 hour ago, Guidos said:

I have been partially successful by ensuring the object to be removed is still one of the spawners, i.e. if you spawn a tree, then change the tree in the spawner, then try to remove the original tree by setting all spawners to remove, the original tree doesn't remove. 

This is correct, you would need to keep the resource the same while clearing it. 
Deleting the resource would not let Gaia know the objects that need to be removed. 
Same goes for deleting the spawner itself. 

In that case you would need to use the Resource helper. 

Note that you can remove the terrain trees and not the terrain layers (textures). 
You only need to select the one that is the problem, if you delete the spawners or change the resource. 

I have just tested in this version and everything seems correct. 

If you wanted to remove just a particular spawner: You can change the spawn mode to remove (remove any spawner masks you may have (disable them) and then spawn local or spawn world). This will also remove it, but the resource still needs to be in the spawner. 

image.png