River audio in GeNa Pro

mroshaw
Go to solution Solved by mroshaw,

Hi folks - hope you're doing well!

I had a quick suggestion for an enhancement to GeNa, and that was to offer some sort of audio solution. Rivers look amazing, but the lack of any build-in audio leaves things underwhelming. I'm not sure what sort of solution might work, perhaps spawning AudioSources in the same way Reflection Probes are spawned?

Anyway, just a thought!

If you have any suggestions as to how this might be best achieved in the mean time, I'd be open to all ideas! 🙂

Thanks!

Oli

• Solution

And, of course, you've got it covered. Took all of 5 minutes to create an AudioSource prefab and spawn instances along the spline with a Spawner extension. You really have thought of everything! 🙂

• Like 1

Yes, spawning audio sources along the river is a way to handle this. What I would like to bring over to GeNa and / or Ambient Sounds at some point is the spline audio source of sectr: Sectr has an audio source that always places itself on the point with the smallest distance on the spline to the audio listener, in this way the sounds always come from the correct direction and you need only one audio source for this.