Need help with android optimization

Spawn Point
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Well we are facing huge loading time on android & IOS even after using the mobile or ultra lite target platform while crate new world, so we would like to know is there any optimization tips or support as we need either someway to generate scenery on runtime or something like that as initial load time on mobile is too much to release our game. So any tips or help would be appreciated with load times of scene or level.

There are a lot of factors that contribute to mobile loading time, when loading a scene unity is pre-loading all the materials, audio files, textures, and models into memory, when you have high res textures, high poly models, big audio files or just a lot of files to load in general it can lead to massive load times or even crashes, here are some steps that you can try to reduce load times.

1. Reduce texture resolution

2. Reduce the number of different models in your scene

3. Lower quality settings(shadows mostly)

4. use lower poly count models

5. annnnd in my experience the biggest one, changing audio settings to prevent unity from preloading sound files, this one is big for mobile because long sound files like songs can easily eat up 100s of mbs of ram, here's a article that goes more in depth about what you can do to optimize sound: http://www.theappguruz.com/blog/optimize-game-sounds-in-unity

• Like 1

Foliage is the biggest issue for mobile, I sold a mobile game for Android years ago....  being able to cull, let users set how dense it is... is how I handled some of that.  among what Ben is pointing out.

also the smaller the chunk the better,  turning things, on and off, so that its not being rendered...     You can use Sector, to handle GO's or if you have your own tool to handle streaming of GO's. colliders..  I have my own system for colliders, that I have turned on by distance..  by camera.  so that I don't have a million colliders every where... some tools handle this, but never to my liking so this help alot as well.. 

• Like 2

• Solution
10 hours ago, Spawn Point said:

Well we are facing huge loading time on android & IOS even after using the mobile or ultra lite target platform while crate new world, so we would like to know is there any optimization tips or support as we need either someway to generate scenery on runtime or something like that as initial load time on mobile is too much to release our game. So any tips or help would be appreciated with load times of scene or level.

This article should help you with optimization issues! 
There is a ton of information on this article about mobile optimization as well. 

• Like 2

We have a new - and more up to date article on Scene Optimization here

This article is a summary of what we learned in a project where we took a Gaia Pro scene, and made it run at 60 fps on four year old Android Phones!

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for taking out time to give me some serious inputs to think about, sure the above points would make our game load faster & much better then before.

• Like 1