Move road spline nodes to certain coords

Xagu Studios

Hi there.

Is it possible that we can access to the world 3D coordinates of each spline node so we can move it to the exact desired coordinate? Tried to find where this could be done but we did not manage to achieve it.

Thanks in advance.

8 hours ago, Xagu Studios said:

Hi there.

Is it possible that we can access to the world 3D coordinates of each spline node so we can move it to the exact desired coordinate? Tried to find where this could be done but we did not manage to achieve it.

Thanks in advance.

This is possible out of the box, but this is something we have talked about. 
May be possible in the future. 

• Like 1

Hi Bryan.

English is not my first language and I'm a bit confused about your answer because I don't fully understand the meaning of being "possible out of the box" expression. Do you mean it could be done, maybe hard coding GeNa scripts to show every node's pos and rotation, or it's somehow protected and can not be accessed in any way?

Thank you and sorry for this misunderstanding.

16 hours ago, Xagu Studios said:

Hi Bryan.

English is not my first language and I'm a bit confused about your answer because I don't fully understand the meaning of being "possible out of the box" expression. Do you mean it could be done, maybe hard coding GeNa scripts to show every node's pos and rotation, or it's somehow protected and can not be accessed in any way?

Thank you and sorry for this misunderstanding.

Im so sorry, there was a mistype. 

This is not possible out of the box currently. 
We have talked about this internally though. 

I would suggest adding this to the xChange open requests - adding this feature. 

• Like 1

Hi Bryan.

Thanks for your answer. Our goal is joining several terrains with matching road starts and waypoints. Is there any way we can access to the center points of the spline that creates the road by code? We need to extract the spline data ( I guess a vector 3 array) so we can check we have placed the start and end nodes in their correct pos manually and place waypoints each x meters from the spline data. Any clue where to approach this goal?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day.

3 hours ago, Manny said:

Hi there @Xagu Studios and @gogo,

Thank you for your patience. Just to clarify, do you wish to be able to simply just move the GeNa Spline nodes during runtime? 

Hi Manny.

Thanks so much for your reply.

We don´t need to move the spline nodes in runtime. Just when designing the road in Editor mode, before we bake and export the road with fbx exporter, we wish to be able to check all nodes are correctly placed and place them if not, specially the first and last ones.

Guess the approach could be quite similar.

Thanks

@Xagu Studios, are the terrains being created one at a time, independently?  I am trying to understand how you are using the road splines.  If you create a road spline that covers many terrains, the baking process can split the road meshes at the terrain boundaries, parenting each road mesh to its parent terrain.  That would produce an exact alignment of the road meshes at terrain boundaries.

• Like 1