Adjusting texture on Roads

Matmalm
Go to solution Solved by Clyde,

The tile of the texture get adjusted when I modified the width of the road, which looks weird If for example I do a sidewalk and some cobblestones on the texture of the sidewalk are way bigger than another sidewalk which is just narrower.

In the image the road on the left has a width of 6 and the road on the right has a width of 3, so you can see the difference. Is there a way to adjust this in order that the tiles are always the same?

road.png

• Solution

@Matias Gesche, you could make adjustments by duplicating the road profile asset, assigning that new profile to one of the road/paths, and making changes to the UV Tiling.  If this works out well for you, please mark this as the solution.

12 hours ago, Clyde said:

@Matias Gesche, you could make adjustments by duplicating the road profile asset, assigning that new profile to one of the road/paths, and making changes to the UV Tiling.  If this works out well for you, please mark this as the solution.

Well, how can I change the tiling, after baking the road?

@Matias Gesche The tiling (and pretty much all other settings from the road profile) can be found on the material that is used on the baked mesh. Click the small triangle here on the baked mesh to unfold the material settings:

image.png

The tiling can be found under the term "UV Tiling" in HDRP and URP:

image.png

and under the term "Tiling" for the built-in render pipeline / shader:

image.png

1 hour ago, Peter said:

@Matias Gesche The tiling (and pretty much all other settings from the road profile) can be found on the material that is used on the baked mesh. Click the small triangle here on the baked mesh to unfold the material settings:

image.png

The tiling can be found under the term "UV Tiling" in HDRP and URP:

image.png

and under the term "Tiling" for the built-in render pipeline / shader:

image.png

Ok, great, I just tried it. Thanks

• Like 1